Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: A BT scarcity rumor...

Quote Originally Posted by 393foureyedfox View Post
    yeah, Blanton's and BT was everywhere in FL and GA last week. no signs of shortages there
    Hello. I agree. I live is S.W. Florida and all the stores I go to have Blanton's, Buffalo Trace. Most all of the Weller's stocked all the time.. Today 08/06/14 I even found some bottles of Elmer T. Lee SB and bought them.. The BTAC and all the Pappy Bottlings do not seem to be available in our local stores.. I am not going to go out anymore and chase these and then find the local retailer when they do have them seem to be price gouging.. There are plenty of other good Bourbons available.. Besides.. I have had plenty of the Pappy Bottlings many years ago.. I do miss 16 Year Hirsch.. One of my all time favorite bourbons..

Connoisseur

I bought a bottle of BT in Gardiner, MT last Saturday. The clerk said it was very popular but they could only get a case a month because "it is made by a small distillery that can't keep up with demand." No point in arguing with inside information like that.
    If God made anything better than bourbon he must have kept it for Hisself.

Guru

Spoken with an assured self confident authority as well I suppose. There is something about the liquor trade that sprouts these rumors like mushrooms.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Connoisseur

Stopped by one of the local state stores here in PA. In the place where there is normally BT bourbon, there is a little sign informing the customer that Sazerac is currently unable to keep up with demand and there will be shortages of products. It lists the PLCB products numbers of all the affected products. I will add that there was still plenty of Eagle Rare sitting on the shelf right above this sign.
    If you have anything Michter's or Pennco and would like to sell it or share it with me, please let me know.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Yep, that seems in line with the rolling temporary stock-outs that the rest of the country has been seeing, and which BT/Saz said would be occurring for the foreseeable future. We experienced ours here in Georgia, earlier this year.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Guru

I would put up a big sign saying Buffalo Trace is suffering a Nationwide shortage but here's a chance to get some very limited Eagle Rare.

Rolling shortages or stock-outs, seems an appropriate term. The norm around here for the last few months seems to be a couple of BT/Sazerac products on the shelf, and a couple of empty spaces for other of their products. Then, the next thing you know, the empty spots will be full, but what was once on the shelf is now gone. The products I'm speaking of seem to rotate mainly between BT & ER then Weller SR & OWA.

There's some Blanton's, but no ET at all. Even though Weller 12 is supposedly a once a year release now, a couple of bottles of it will pop up here and there occasionally.
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Enthusiast

At this point, I think BT may just be sending everything to NJ. We are overflowing with BT products.

Guru

Stuff tends to fall off trucks when passing through New Jersey.

Connoisseur

Some must have fallen off here on its way North - BT 750s are $19.99 in town with boxes in the aisles. Last March, it could not be found.