Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Enthusiast

Re: A very pleasent surprise: Knob Creek Single Barrel (private selection)

Hello. I had a bottle of the KCSB back around Early January.. I recall liking it very much. I do plan to revisit and see if it was as good as I remember..Creggor

Taster

Howdy,

Knob Creek SB is similar to Bakers? Just acquired my first bottle of KCSB; can't wait to try it! Baker's is fantastic.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Howdy,

Knob Creek SB is similar to Bakers? Just acquired my first bottle of KCSB; can't wait to try it! Baker's is fantastic.
    I'd say KCSB is Baker's on steroids! Both are good, but for the money KCSB knocks it out of the park IMO. Unlike Baker's, KCSB can be tamed if necessary and still provide plenty of punch.

Guru

i have like 9 of 'em sitting in the garage......... but out of sight - out of mind. I haven't had any in probably a year. I'll have to fix that soon. None of them are selects though.
    Think about how stupid the average person is.....then realize that half of them are more stupid than that.

Quote Originally Posted by 393foureyedfox View Post
    yip. its like a 2 year older version of Booker's, at $10 less to boot!

Ive got 8 of em stashed, from that half price d/c sale at the local pharmacy last spring...and one more just given to me a few weeks ago at a party. im gonna say it again....the new label is rediculously cheap looking, wherreas the old print-on-bottle label was classy and visually appealing. someone should lose a job for that
    To the OP, big fan of KCSB. love the syrup soaked graham cracker description. Right on target in my opinion.

The quote above, have to chime in on the label comment. Objectively I agree, I much preferred the old label. But I'm warming to the new one. The tour at Beam has a whole wall dedicated to Booker's selection of the Knob Creek bottle design. That label is evocative of newspaper, which apparently was reused in bourbon bottling in early days. And I can accept KCSB getting in line with that brand identity.