Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Saying goodbye to ER

Few months back the eagle rare label change post I started took off. Well I am either retarded or m brown claimed prices werent increasing and Age statements wont disappear. Pa follows MSRP pretty tight being a control state. Was shopping for Scotch tonight and saw Eagle Rare Soooo shockingly has increased $2 more per bottle. Sigh, Im glad im getting more into other brands of bourbon (4Roses is the shit single barrel 4ever!) because the shortage game BT is playing as an excuse to raise prices has me to the point of saying "Screw you Buffalo Trace goodbye". After the label change, now ER is almost $30 here, it was $26 a few months back. Thats ok but they have some serious bawls, not that I was that in love with ER but to me BT has jumped the shark, and another to the list of one who will never buy another bottle of ER. Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought M Brown talked to someone here who relayed they had no plans to increase prices. That wasn't honest so nothing is from them.
    Last edited by jmj_203; 08-05-2014 at 21:09.

Connoisseur

Re: Saying goodbye to ER

I remember a number of years ago, people were mad that ER 101 was discontinued. The story goes that the 90 proof stuff was never as good.

Apprentice

It's been around $30 in my neck of the woods for several years.

Guru

Same here.

bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Advanced Taster

$31 here in Ohio.

Advanced Taster

I don't think they said there would be no price increases. I think he just made more of a blanket statement that they weren't willing to raise the price so much that it would be easy to find everywhere. Price here in Indy has gone up $2 also. It used to be $24.99-$29.99, now it's $26.99-$31.99. I still think it's worth it. I like the stuff.

Enthusiast

I have like 5 or 6 bottles of Harlan Wheatley selected barrels left, and while they are not the holy grail or anything, they are good representatives of ER 10. These should last me quite some time at the rate I drink ER, and I won't be clamoring to replace them. At this point, head-to-head around $30, ER doesn't quite measure up for me to FRSB, EC12, SAOS 7yr, HMcK BIB, and ETL.

Connoisseur

Que Curly Bill . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by petrel800 View Post
    Que Curly Bill . . .
    Haha hahaha. ...haha haha. Hilarious

Apprentice

I'm not sure it would be a staple for me at $30 when WTRB or WTRR is about the same and EC12 comes in a few dollars lower. Thankfully I can get it on sale for $23.50 OTD