Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: Thoughts on Booker's

My thoughts on Bookers........ "Always have one open". I have been drinking them for a long time, and have always liked/loved them.
    These are my two favorite batches of Bookers with the 25th anniversary coming in 3rd.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Enthusiast

I am definitely a Booker's fan! Have always enjoyed this juice and love the proof.
    Gary M.

“There is no bad whiskey. There are only some whiskeys that aren’t as good as others.” Raymond Chandler

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by flahute View Post
    That's an opportunity to stock up right there. I know I would.
    Might do that. Can't say I have anything better for the dollar. Todays purchase is hidden under the hood of the truck, was worried my wife would complain about the purchase.
    Strange how they shipped the 25th out of Bourbon country. I traded a bottle back to KY, the other bottle will bunker.
    The empty boxes are great for ripening tomatoes.
    ...went back on the way to the in-laws, bought two more. The clerk gave me the lower price on the C06-B-15, had father in law buy the 2013-7 , now he has good stuff (for me) to drink this week at his house. Based on first impression I prefer the C06-B-15 (would prefer an easy to understand batch system or an online cheat sheet) - seemed to have more of everything. First impression more cinnamon. Wife's impression more caramel. Different glass, more stressful environment for tasting. Even after drinking 4oz, decided to leave him with the 2013-7 full and take the partial bottle home.

Advanced Taster

I would finally try it if I saw Bookers @ $35.

I like OGD 114 and 4r Barrel strength, so it'd be nice to see where it falls.

I generally have seen bookers in NJ and in CO so far for between $50-$60 which is no thank you territory.

Disciple

Booker's at $35 would be in my cabinet. Unfortunately, it is closer to $50 in Indy. Normally, I will enjoy a pour when someone else (e.g., work) is paying.

Advanced Taster

How much different is the Anniversary Bookers vs the standard?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LCWoody View Post
    My thoughts on Bookers........ "Always have one open". I have been drinking them for a long time, and have always liked/loved them.
    These are my two favorite batches of Bookers with the 25th anniversary coming in 3rd.

how do those old batches compare, woody? I have a C87 batch bottle that Im curious to open, but havent yet.
    Think about how stupid the average person is.....then realize that half of them are more stupid than that.

Guru

In the minority here but just don't like Bookers (or Bakers for that matter) and wouldn't buy it for $10. But that's why we are so lucky that there are so many different bottles available.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonGuy View Post
    How much different is the Anniversary Bookers vs the standard?
    In Texas, April - May, $90-$94. Your area had a delayed release (label rules was the rumor I heard) so maybe you have a better chance of finding it.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by 393foureyedfox View Post
    how do those old batches compare, woody? I have a C87 batch bottle that Im curious to open, but havent yet.
    I think that some of the older batches were a little better (creamier, bolder, lots of wood) than some of the more resent batches. I think its due to the fact that their is more pressure to get more product to market, and they may be using barrels that in the past they wouldn't have used. (Just my opinion) I think in the early days of this bourbon Mr. Booker Noe realy took the best of the best barrels. My most resent favorites was '05.
    Also I try to wait for the batches to get over 7 1/2 years. Some of the younger batches have a very corn forward taste to me. That B95 batch is probably my favorite at 8y 9m. It's so smooth and almost no burn. I think you will enjoy the C87 a lot. A word of warning that cork is going to break so have another bottle ready to pour it into.