Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Re: Balcones - the End?

As promised...

Want more proof? Young Tate has already dumped that attorney (or possibly the reverse) - whose advice may have been more negative than he wanted to hear - and hired yet another attorney which also happened to serve to buy more time. Another questionable decision that smacks of confusion and emotional desperation.

Believe me, this does not bode well for the young man, who shows no better judgement in selecting counsel than he did in giving away his controlling interest. His grandiosity will not translate well to the court room, and I suspect he's beginning to realize that.

You may also rely on the fact that the company, knowing that Tate is of the Russian roulette brand of litigant, is fully prepared to defend and prove every comma in their impressive filing. According to Tate he went through weeks and weeks of failed negotiations but is not now prepared to go to hearing?

Poppycock.

Oh, and just a bit on his claim that his vote was required - even if proven true - that would only be possibly meaningful if his absence was not by his own choice. The company alleges quite the opposite and you can be sure they are fully prepared to prove that. A good corporate document usually anticipates such issues (like sickness, incapacitation, absence, damaging performance, refusal to participate, etc.) and provides for proceeding in the face of same.

Tate's filing and attorney changing tactic to avoid the hearing does not bode well. He will soon run out of delays and have to face the music.

I am not the least bit pleased to see what this talented young man has brought upon himself, which does no favors for anyone. No one can doubt for a microsecond that all here support craft distilling. It's sad, but it's happened, and it has to be reported.

It's just my educated guess - but Tate is running out of rope and his 90 days. His 15 minutes was up some time ago...
    Capn Jimbo...
    Capn Jimbo's Rum Project Forum
    When "it's all good" prevails, "it's all bad"' soon follows

Guru

When is your 15 minutes going to be up "Cap'n"?
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Apprentice

Chip's presence being required for a voting quorum is specifically spelled out in the company agreement in the court docs. Section 5.1 (g). Which explains why they tried to dilute Chip's shares to less than 10% so his presence would no longer be contractually required for a voting quorum.

Enthusiast

On the internet, no well-written post goes unpunished.

I'm enjoying the Capn's participation.

There are points, and there are counterpoints. And then there is just plain threadcrapping.

Guru

Good for you.

There are points and counterpoints and then there are posts of excessive lengths posted excessively. As in the courtroom, "grandiosity" doesn't translate well to web forums. That's what blogs are for.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Guru

So that's what blogs are for, I been wondering.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Good for you.

There are points and counterpoints and then there are posts of excessive lengths posted excessively. As in the courtroom, "grandiosity" doesn't translate well to web forums. That's what blogs are for.
    I don't know, Josh, you're pretty succinct on your blog. STEP UP THE BLOVIATING!

Enthusiast

Good for you.
    Restaurant Man may still be giving out hugs...

Virtuoso

When is your 15 minutes going to be up "Cap'n"?
    The annoying part is that someone has so much to say about a matter that so little facts are known. It's all speculation for the most part. Just let it play out. Resist the temptation to bash chip. Or balcones investors. I'm not going to labor through another
    rant/diatribe/educated guess.
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero"
    T. Durden