Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Connoisseur

Re: Hancock\'s President\'s Reserve

Hey Linn,
    I'm really looking forward to next year. I'd be more inclined to bring a grill and do some Bourbecue Chicken or some pulled pork w/ Bourbecue sauce. And I will for sure be using chunks of cut-up barrelheads in with the lump charcoal. Sound good?
    Bj

Blowin' smoke in Bardstown

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

I'm glad Brenda J chimed in. She sent me a bag of barrel chunks too. I haven't cooked with them yet, but I have shared them with people who were curious about the smell of a spent bourbon barrel. Don't you have a web site, Brenda, or some other way for readers of this forum to find out more about your fine product? (Hint, hint. Give yourself a plug, girl.)

--Chuck Cowdery

**DONOTDELETE**

Indeed it do! We'll need several grills; your barrelhead pieces, barrel char, charcoal, and I think a barrel each of Blanton's and Kentucky Spirit should do nicely. So all you industry folks out there be sure to bring whatever you can!
    We're looking forward to meeting you soon Bj.

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

**DONOTDELETE**

Linn,
    I have already met Brendaj and I can tell you it was a pleasure. I am looking forward to her contributions to our tailgate party. She mentioned smoking a butt and some chicken. I can hardly wait.
    Mike Veach

Connoisseur

Chuck,
    You really are a Sweetie! You're so right about the smell. Got pulled over for speeding with a trunkful. The car smelled like a bar! The officer was a real nice guy...I gave him a couple of bags and we both went on our way. But for a moment, it was *scary*.
    I haven't really hyped the barrel pieces because I've sold everything I had cut-up and I haven't decided if this can be profitable. Yes, I do have a website but it's not finished. The recipe page needs to be redone and none of the recipe links are live (on the top of the list of New Years Resolutions). But, if ya'll would like to have a look...I would much appreciate thoughts and feedback:
    <a href=http://mail.centralky.com/~brendaj/index.html>http://mail.centralky.com/~brendaj/index.html</a>
    A very Merry Christmas to all on this list!
    Bj

Blowin' smoke in Bardstown

Enthusiast

Hello, Tonight we had a couple of Pork Tenderloins. Did them on the grill, first a little on the open flame to brown them off then finished them with indirect heat. On one of them I Took some KC Masterpiece barbecue sause, added Lea & Perkins Worcestershire Sauce about 1 tbs then added some Buffalo Trace Bourbon about 2 oz. I stired this and then basted it on one the the pork tenderloins. Then browned it off over the open flame turning and basting several times. Needless to say it was wonderfull. Pork tenderloin by it very nature is very tender but his added some extra flavor. My son in law loved it. I think next time I will marinate this overnight in order to get some more of the Bourbon into the meat itself. Buffalo Trace Pork Tenderloin Try it Love it. Creggor.

Advanced Taster

Oh Yeah Creggor! You're onto something there. Marinate that pork overnight, you'll be as happy as that pig! Pork tenderloin is one of my favorite things to grill!

Bill
    http://home.kc.rr.com/mashbill/

Disciple

i had pan fried haddock ( ilived i new england so thats the common fish) in bread crumbs and Evan William which was suprisingly good.

TomC