Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: bourbon balls

Guru

Re: Variations?

I haven't tried it before, but the drunken pork with sour cream sauce is on my Christmas Day menu. I'm taking your word for it, Paradox.

By the way, Merry Christmas, everybody!

Tim

Guru

Well, I try, anyway.

Tim

Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator

I keep a jar of Maroshino cherries infused with Bourbon. Probably wild Turkey or Knob Creek , ( high proof , people , high proof) in the fridge. I had some and forgot to bring 'em out at the cookout. Pour off all the juice , save it for cherry cokes and icecream, then refill with your fav bourbon they will not go bad.I haven't tried to dip them yet.

Guru

Paradox, I did make the drunken pork and sour cream sauce for Christmas dinner. "To die for" is an excellent way of describing it. It is superb and everyone loved it. Had you not recommended it so highly, I probably would have never tried it.

Thanks, Tim

Guru

Tim, glad you and company enjoyed it as much as I did when I made it! That was a lot of weight riding on my shoulders there I hope you and all our fellow friends in these forums had a Very Merry Christmas and have a Healthy and Happy New Year!!

Disciple

I know that:

a) I had a very merry Christmas.

& b) It seems PAradox here has very good taste, and I am gonna Have to try that recipe now. . .

Rock on Guys!
    TomC

Connoisseur

Hey Tim,
    Hope you had a great Christmas and you're going to have an even better new year!

Yepper, those are the cherries. However, I have an update here. I did a second batch and they...errr....weren't nearly as good as the first time around... I don't know if there are different kinds of those big cherries (some sweeter than others) or what but, the first batch was definitely better than the second. The second batch needed sugar, corn syrup or something...
    I wanted to let you know, this whole 'cherry-thing' is still experimental... I wanted something for my website that no one else had. This is one of those instances where I have to remember...unique is not the same as good...
    Happy New Year!
    Beej

Connoisseur

Bobby,
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I haven't tried to dip them yet.

[/QUOTE]
    If you ever get around to dipping them, I'm really interested in hearing what you think. I tried it (soaked 'em in Weller...maybe I needed a higher proof... ) and wasn't nearly as impressed as I thought I was going to be.
    Ya know where those Bourbon soaked cherries would be great? Thicken them somehow (corn syrup?) and pour over vanilla ice cream, or maybe cheesecake. Yum.
    Happy New Year to ya!
    Beej

Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator

I don't know what proof your Weller wieghs in at , but I like 100 or more for this kind of thing. Anybody's 107 would go good. I used Wt and KC I don't know which is which right now but I know there's not a bad jar of them in either case.

Advanced Taster

I printed off BJ's first recipe, and Mrs. Dub made a couple dozen whompin' Bourbon Balls, covered in chocolate. Those damned things are delicious. Took some to a party. Had to be the best dessert there. Thanks for the recipe BJ. You're in our cookbook!