Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

Re: NOW What Bourbon Are You Drinking??

I'm having Weller 107 tonight. I bought the bottle based on my favorable impression of Weller 12 year old. The reviews here were mixed, so I only bought a 375ml, but I think I like it enough to buy a 750ml. Although it has a definite burn to it, I wouldn't consider it harsh. The Weller product line is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

Welcome to the club. I think, on a value basis, the Wellers may be the best ones out there. Even the base 7yo Special Reserve 90-proof is tasty, and the 80-proof Rebel Yell (now a David Sherman product -- reputedly still using the original recipe -- but once a Stitzel-Weller brand) is marvelous for around $10 a 750 ml. And, Weller 12 has become one of my go-to drinks.

Connoisseur

Lately I've been on an Eagle Rare Single Barrel 10yo kick, but last night after the first glass it felt like I still had an 'itch' that ERSB just wasn't going to 'scratch', so I switched to EC12. When in doubt, that always seems to do the job.

Advanced Taster

Well, tonight I openned the last bottle of Sazerac 18 available in the state of VA. The manager of the ABC said that I should drink it slowly. I am not sure that this can happen since this stuff is so very good!

Novice

Mmmmm Tonight i am savoring the smokey flavor of Wild Turkey,I tried it again for the first time in years, a few night ago and just had to revisit. I am blown away by the compexity of what i "had" considered a simple bourbon.This is going to be a go-to bourbon of mine from now on,I believe.

Advanced Taster

last night it was Ancient Ancient Age 10 year....if I have any "standards" then this is one of them....(Buffalo Trace and Weller 12 along with AAA seem to always be my benchmark Bourbons)

Last night was a good night. Started off with Woodford Reserve, and then opened up a bottle of Stagg '03... yummy. Not having the '02 handy to compare, I can't say for sure, but I do think last years was better. However, that didn't stop me from enjoying a good amount of it

Steve

Bourbonian of the Year 2006

Last night was a nostalgic kind of evening. So it was "The Fox on the Rocks" (Kinda sounds like Dr. Suess) Not many Virginia Gentleman posts lately. This bourbon really is solid, with lots of great flavor and a sweet, caramel bouquet. I had to hold my pants to keep'm from gettin' away.

Administrator in exile

Tonight it's Maker's Mark on the rocks, and I don't care what any of you think about it! I like it

Well, I'd planned to take a night off -- even had fruit-punch Kool-Aid earlier. But, sitting here in front of the computer, I poured a little of the 1989 Evan Williams single barrel I found for around $20 ($18.50 or so after the discount the store owner generously -- and usually -- gives me). He has a little mini-stash with orange wax (celebrating UT's 1998 football national championship) that I think I'm going to buy out as soon as Christmas passes. A new item on my (ever-expanding) 'favorites' list.