Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Administrator in exile

10yo Old Fitzgerald

Last night, while at my boss' house for the company Christmas party, I had the pleasure of sampling something truely unique (to me anyway). As I perused the bar area and pushed away the forest of wine bottles and those "other" spirits, I found the bourbon stash. Well there were the usual suspects: Maker's, JB, Wild Turkey and Stagg. Well, the Stagg was a gift that I gave to him a few months ago, but to me that's pretty ordinary. Anyway, back in the corner there was this square glass decanter-looking bottle with a square glass corked stopper. At first I thought it was an ordinary decanter, but upon further inspection it was a bottle of 10yo Old Fitzgerald. The red tax stamp was still partially in tact. I quickly poured myself a glass and took a sip. Wow, this was one fine bourbon. Smooth and rich with lots of caramel notes. The nose was equally pleasant. I asked my boss how long he had had this bottle and he guessed since the 80's. The only other information on the bottle was that it was distilled by OF distillery, Louisville, KY. So, I'm hoping someone out there can provide some more information on this one, and possibly a bottle you would like to share Really, this was so nice that I am having trouble comming to terms with the fact that I may never again taste it. (At least not until next years Christmas party)
    Last edited by jeff; 04-11-2006 at 04:41.

Bourbonian of the Year 2007

Re: 10yo Old Fitzgerald

I suggest that you recommend to the boss the celebration of a few more holidays! New Year's ain't too far off. Neither is Ground Hog's Day!

Enthusiast

<font color="blue"> I suggest that you recommend to the boss the celebration of a few more holidays! New Year's ain't too far off. Neither is Ground Hog's Day! </font>
    Sounds like a plan.

Guru

Hey Jeff, Tell him I need you to celebrate my birthday, December 18th....If you can wait that long.

Dane