Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Enthusiast

Re: Just Got Back From The Liquor Store

If I went out and had that much fun whiskey shopping my ex-wife would appear out of nowhere & throw a bottle at me (one I'll have to pay for) then disappear again until I had another nickels worth of fun.

Mean woman. Pretty, but mean as a snake. But I digress, that sounds like a nice bunkerload. Sound choices.

Enthusiast

Buckky,

You are about half right on price as there is only 6 bottles to a case of the 1.75 Liter and I assume you thought it was 12. As for where I like to buy my bourbon I buy it at Mr. G's, off Rt. 42 and I75 in Florence, KY. Not only are they very nice people they give me a 10% discount on all bourbon. They used to just give me a 10% discount if I purchased a case, but it is now whether I buy one bottle or mix them up. There are a few bottles, like Russell Reserve, that they cannot discount, but usually after I buy several cases, they usually give me a bottle free, of my choice of course, as long as it is a reasonable request. I also buy some of my bourbon at the Cork & Bottle because I know Timothy Hue, who owns the place, and he usually manages to give me a bottle every now and then. Timothy is a very nice person and I have the up-most respect for him. I hope this answers your question satisfactorily.

Cheers,
    Marvin

Advanced Taster

Thanks...will definately try Mr.G's when next in N.Ky. Have not been buying in cases but at the great prices you got, maybe I should start. BT, Weller12 and AAA10yr are what I would buy in cases. I like Old Charter alot also but you don't see that many places.