Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: beer

Administrator in exile

Re: beer

I know that these are probably some fine beers, but does anyone else have a problem purchasing something called "Arrogant Bastard" or "Dead Guy" or other silly names. I can't see myself offering the father in-law a tall cold "Bastard"

Ruination IPA may just be my favorite Stone beer. I was afraid it would bee too incredibly bitter to be drinkable, but I didn't find that to be the case. It's a very big beer. They call it "A liquid poem to the glory of the hop" and they're not kidding, but the beer is incredibly well balanced. Double Bastard is also great, but its alcohol content in a 22oz size means one of those and I'm done being productive for the day, so I dont' drink it often at all.

Steve

Guru

I've decided to go with beer tonight instead of bourbon. Yeah, I know, strange! I've been on more of a beer kick lately for some reason though... With all the 'low-carb' hype and figuring I can drink 4 of these compared to half as many buds calorie wise (or 4 of these equals the amount of carbs as 1 bud) I'd give them a shot. Compared to regular light beer, it's not bad. I never liked light beer because it is so damn watered down tasting but comparing Michelob Ultra to say Bud Light it has 2.6 grams of carbs compared to bud lights 6.5 grams of carbs. Anyway, it's beer tonight for me; light beer and low carb and I am still enjoying it. Alongside a plate of carb filled nachos from a tray I made for company! Talk about self defeating purpose.
    Attached Images Attached Images