Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: VWFRR -- All Gone?

Well, I just picked up an "E" Frankfurt bottle today.Still have a
    "D" bottle from Lawrenceburg. Currently enjoying a "D"
    bottling from Frankfurt. I thought all Frankfurt bottlings had the "E" designation.Did we ever determine where these whiskies were distilled?

Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator

The Twelve Year is gone. Doubtfull if a forgotten bottle might show up. I may have a touch of 12 in a bit. I missed about 6 of them while laying in something else. I did get a couple though.

Guru

The 12 year was removed from the lineup some time ago... There may be a few bottles still out there but probably at small mom and pop stores... I dout they'll add it again to the range but who knows what the future can hold...

Advanced Taster

As I write this, the folks at Buffalo Trace are bottling Series "F" of the VWFRR 13yo. I hope some of it's earmarked for PA.

SpeedyJohn

Guru

Yep, that's it sitting on the bottling line on the BT web cam. But it's ten til noon there and nobody's on the line? When do they take lunch? And don't they know we are all waiting for the product? Oh, the withdrawal pains suffered........

Interesting that you have a 'D' bottling from Lawrenceburg. I, too, have a 'D' bottle on the shelf from Frankfort, but wouldn't have guessed it was bottled at two places. I grabbed a couple of 'E' Frankfort bottles last night. I still see a few here and there -- but, they never were everywhere to begin with.

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

With apologies to Charles Dickens.

The evening arrived; the boys took their places. The master, in his blazer and slacks, stationed himself at the copper; his pauper assistants ranged themselves behind him; the rye was served out; and a long grace was said over the short commons. The rye disappeared; the boys whispered to each other, and winked at Oliver; while his next neighbours nudged him. Child as he was, he was desperate with thirst, and reckless with misery. He rose from the table; and advancing to the master, snifter in hand, said: somewhat alarmed at his own temerity:

"Please, sir, I want some more."

The master was a trim, handsome man; but he turned very pale. He gazed in stupefied astonishment on the small rebel for some seconds, and then clung for support to the copper. The assistants were paralysed with wonder; the boys with fear.

"What!" said the master at length, in a faint voice.

"Please, sir," replied Oliver, "I want some more."

(Oh, when will the waiting end.)

Bourbonian of the Year 2009 and Virtuoso

Just got back from a trip to my local retailer looking for the EWSB '94 and it was in. Grabbed one and may try this weekend. Looked down near the bottom shelf and there were the rye whiskeys together....normally they're shelfed near each distiller's other products. Anyway, there were two rows full of the VWFRR "D" bottling from Frankfort. Grabbed two for the bunker @$28. Missing were any ORVW 10/107's or Pappy 20's.

Randy B.

Connoisseur

Just did a doublecheck and yes, the "D" bottles I have are
    from both Frankfort and Lawrenceburg.

Connoisseur

All of mine say "Frankfort." Beyond collectibility, is there any reason the Lawrenceburg ones should be sought after? (Ie. is it the same whiskey?)