Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Bourbonian of the Year 2004 and Guru

Chuck Cowdery is writing a book...

Our very own Chuck Cowdery is writing a book about bourbon. He told me this information awhile back. My first thought was, "it's about time"

All of you know by now, that I think Chuck is World Class A Bourbon History Information Icon

Chuck is the writer and publisher of The Bourbon Country Reader. He writes for Whiskey Magazine. He owns the documentary "Made and Bottled in Kentucky". He wrote/directed/produced it. I recommend this, to anyone wanting to learn about bourbon.

I can't wait till he gets this book finished ...I will be the first in line to buy it

Bettye Jo

Enthusiast

Re: Chuck Cowdery is writing a book...

He is sure to sell two copies, but I bet it is a ton more. I would say I would be #2 but it may take me years to find it in MS.

Guru

I'd bet a bottle of VWSR against a shot of s---- that it will be available on either Amazon.com or Chuck's own website, if not both.

If I turn out to be correct, then living in MS is not the impediment that you thought.

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Guru

Maybe if we're lucky we can get him to sign copies at the Festival this year. I'd love to have one for my library. The other book looks lonely.

Apprentice

When can we expect to see it? And, are we going to get a sneak preview here? Maybe the first few pages? Or the summary from the jacket? Anything? ...please

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

It was very nice of Bettye Jo to get some buzz started and thanks for asking. This is a lot of work and I need all the encouragement I can get. I'd like to think it's the book only I could write. It's not like the other books out there, which are structured like reference books. My intention is for it to be a good read, a pager-turner, from front to back. What will it be? Everything I think everyone should know about American whiskey. I intend to have it finished well in advance of the Bourbon Festival and hope to have some events there. Based on past experience, however, my book events will be entirely unofficial as far as the Festival is concerned.

Advanced Taster

I would like to be near the front of the line to get two signed copies. One to read, and one for my son, Mason, for when he is old enough to appreciate your fine prose. So keep us posted for the unvailing, so I can keep my social calender open.

Howie

Connoisseur

Chuck,
    We eagerly await you book. Good luck!