Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator

Jim Beams new Ad compaign

I love it!

Jim Beams New Ad Campaign

JIm Beam has the ass and crassness to pull something like this off. It is the antithesis of what we have come to expect in Bourbon Advertisements.

Jolly Good Show, That!

Administrator in exile

Re: Jim Beams new Ad compaign

I like their new website a lot more than the old college party theme the had going on before. I like how they are now focusing more on their product line than on rock music. Sounds like they are really going to push the JB Black label, which I enjoy for the price, but I don't think I'd call it "super-premium", although what the hell does that really mean anyway? Look for prices to rise soon at a liquor store near you!

Dagnabbit! JB Black has kinda become my 'house' brand. It's already taken a $2 price hike in Middle Tennessee recently -- now it looks like another one's forthcoming. (I gotta remember to hit the one local liquor store which doesn't raise its prices until it it shelves the higher-wholesale replacements!)

Interesting a la the Beverage Tasting Institute's website:
    1) I can drink Jim Beam Black -- rated 93 and available for around $20, or
    2) I can drink Beam's Distiller's Masterpiece -- rated 92 and costing around $300.

Let me think a minute...

Connoisseur

Unfortunately, the prices for Beam just went up here in NYC. I wasn't aware of this price hike so I didn't stockpile to keep my store prices low. All the wine companies are blaming the euro in price hikes this month so I was a smartneck and called my sales rep just to ask, "Is the Beam price increase because of the Euro, too?"

This new ad campaign does seem snazzy. I guess they gotta pay for it somehow.

Connoisseur

This morning in the Courier-Journal there is an article stating that Jim Beam's Quarterly profits are up 40%.
    Mike Veach

Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator

Fortune Brands is so diversified, I believe the Jim Beam side of it is doing well, but I doubt that a couple bucks on a bottle of Jim Beam Black made that much difference. They have a window and door company, plumbing fixtures, Titleist and Pinnacle Golf products, Swingline staples, Waterloo tool storage systems. Ever hear of Masterlock?
    Even the Beverage side is spread pretty good, Gyser Peak, and DeKyper, a couple wine companies. No one trick pony here!

Fortune Brands