This is the name of a very nice stout (beer) brewed at a small Virginia Brewery. I managed to pick up a six pack of it at Chevy Chase Wine and Spitirs (in Chevy Chase, D.C.). The reason I am mentioning this here is that this beer, or the draft version at least, is aged in bourbon barrels! The bottled version which I drank is an attempt to recreate the draft version, I think, by soaking charred oak chips and vanilla beans in the beer before it is bottled.

Nice beer, full taste, not much carbonation (normal for a stout, I believe) and none of the bitter backwash that comes with something like Guiness. I'm not sure that I really tasted the bourbon in this, but it was smooth.. refreshing even, and had a nice after taste. I would recommend it to any bourbon nut at the drop of a hat...

Some day, I'm going to have to visit the town in VA where it is made, and get some draft Oak Barrel Stout.

Does anyone know of any other beers that are made with bourbon barrels? Does anyone know of any pubs or restaurants in the D.C. area that serve the draft version? More importantly, does anyone know anywhere in the metro-DC area of Maryland that sells this stuff in bottles? Even at that store, which is a little expensive, I only paid about $7.00 for a six pack, but I dream of finding it cheap somewhere in the area.

P.S. if anyone wants to learn more about it, go to beeradvocate.com, and search for dominion oak barrel stout.

To the moderators, please forgive me if this is in the wrong place. Wasn't sure where it belonged...