Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator

Re: Kentucky Bourbon Distillers, Ltd.

Thanks for joining us Drew. That the Willetts mashbill is in production and that soon the smell of Sour Mash will be in the air is fantastic news. Do standard size barrels fit your warehouse or do you have a custom size made?
    Again, Welcome!

Drew,
    I certainly don't have the long-standing SB.com credentials as either Mark or Bobby, but let me too add a warm welcome. As you look around this forum, you'll see that we are interested in all things bourbon, and that includes Kentucky Bourbon Distillers, Ltd. Thus, in the absence of facts or knowledge, we speculate on the basis of the (considerable) facts and knowledge of other members of these boards. But, we'd rather have 'straight-from-the-horse's-mouth' facts. Our interest in your company has long been, and will continue to be, keen. Please continue to pepper us with facts (and many thanks for those already offered). You're with 'kin'-folk here.

Apprentice

We have always used the standard 53 WG barrels. We do have mini barrels but they are not used for aging. We ship the mini barrels to Japan for bar displays and these barrels carry Willett Bourbon.

Guru

We do have mini barrels but they are not used for aging. We ship the mini barrels to Japan for bar displays and these barrels carry Willett Bourbon.
    How much to get one shipped to someone in SI, NY? Oh wait, I will be in KY this September...

Seriously though, my friend has one of those mini barrels actually and it is a very nice addition to a collection. It's not one from you guys, but rather an empty he got during the festival some years back. The inside is still charred though... I keep telling him we need to age some stuff in there!

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Thanks for the information and may God bless your noble endeavor.

Connoisseur

Hi Drew,
    First, let me say welcome, welcome! We have pondered the happenings on your hill for several years...
    And one more thing, our warehouses are not empty which many of you may have believed.
    I'm sorry, that misinformation came from me (well, actually my son, he worked there several years ago.) I apologize.

I'm tickled to hear about the renovation of the distillery. Do you think there's a chance I could stop by, maybe shoot a photo or two for the folks here to see the progress?
    Again, welcome to forum,
    Bj

Bourbonian of the Year 2004 and Guru

And for those of you that mentioned HH, they used to bottle our Old Bardstown for KY, but we bottle it now.

Hmmmmmm...a little clarification here. You specifically quote, they used to bottle "OUR" Old Bardstown. With that statement, you leave the impression that the bourbon inside the bottle was Willett bourbon?

Bettye Jo

Apprentice

What I meant by "our" Old Bardstown was that we own the rights to the brand, and Heaven Hill bottled it for us in KY because of a contract that we made with KY Wine & Spirits, which at the time my great uncle own who sold it to Vertner-Smith. And now the contract is void, so we will be bottling Old Bardstown for KY and the rest of the world.

Apprentice

Bettye Jo... My mother Martha is the second oldest. My aunt Mary is the oldest in the family. FYI