Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Connoisseur

Fourth Street Live Getting Bourbon Lounge, Restaurant

Fourth Street Live Getting Bourbon Lounge, Restaurant
    Maker's Mark Plans To Open Sept. 15
    By Claire Nerl

POSTED: 1:23 pm EDT July 1, 2004
    UPDATED: 7:24 pm EDT July 1, 2004

LOUISVILLE -- A company known for its bourbon plans to open its first-ever bourbon lounge and restaurant in Louisville's new nightclub district, Fourth Street Live.

The Maker's Mark Bourbon House and Lounge will be an upscale restaurant with a large lounge and is scheduled to open Sept. 15. There will be 148 seats for those who want to dine and 58 bar seats.

The venue will be between McFadden's Restaurant and the Red Star Tavern and cost about $2 million to build, WLKY NewsChannel 32 reported.

"There is no facility like it in the world," Louisville Mayor Jerry Abramson said. "It's the first concept that will be replicated."

The restaurant and lounge is creating a new menu with a chef coming from a world-class restaurant in Philadelphia, WLKY reported.

Maker's Mark also plans to showcase bourbons from each of Kentucky's distilleries and sell its own bourbon, WLKY reported.

Connoisseur

Re: Fourth Street Live Getting Bourbon Lounge, Restaurant

Well, Makers isn't really the first.

'There is no facility like it in the world' comment from the Mayor may be challenged by Labrot and Graham. They've had a bourbon theme restaurant at the Louisville airport for 3 years.

Omar

Administrator in exile

They've had a bourbon theme restaurant at the Louisville airport for 3 years.

I smell a lawsuit comming!

Connoisseur

Whoohoo, ya'll are exactly right. I didn't even think of that!
    I smell a lawsuit comming!

Gawd I love this forum!

Guru

My problem is the probably Bubba Gump style menu. Makers Chicken, Makers steak, Makers kabob, Makers ribs, Makers soup, Makers salad dressing, Makers pudding, Makers Gumbo, Makers Flambe, Makers bread, (I guess you get where I'm going....) I wonder if you can get a pour of Pappy 20 there?

Connoisseur

My problem is the probably Bubba Gump style menu. Makers Chicken, Makers steak, Makers kabob, Makers ribs, Makers soup, Makers salad dressing, Makers pudding, Makers Gumbo, Makers Flambe, Makers bread, (I guess you get where I'm going....) I wonder if you can get a pour of Pappy 20 there?
    And you expected what? Why wouldn't they feature foods using their pour? (and I doubt they will have everything listed as you discribe)

The article does state they will have other bourbons,so I would think they would have a represntative of Pappy's there.

Guru

Sorry Dale, guess I really should reread posts before fixing myself a plate of Reebok stew by posting hopefully humorous anecdotes.