I donīt know, this might very well rank amongst the most stupid questions ever asked on this forum but I have to ask anyway.

What if someone in, say Oklahoma, decided to produce whiskey using the Lincoln county process. What would that whiskey be called? Surely not bourbon, since the LCP is used to distinguish Tennessee from bourbon. To call it Tenneesse whiskey (or even Oklahoma Tennessee whiskey) would seem absurd.

Or is the Lincoln county process prohibited outside of Tennessee? That also sounds a bit far-fetched to me.

Best wishes,