Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: The Book

Threaded View

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

The Book

"The Book" is what I've been calling it, but the actual title is Bourbon, Straight: The Uncut and Unfiltered Story of American Whiskey. I delivered it to the printer today and should have it in a couple of weeks. Retail price will be $22.95. It's 266 pages (284 with all the roman numeraled stuff). I'm working on some kind of a coupon/discount for StraightBourbon.com members. More on that later.

So, what is it? Well, it's a narrative, a story, or series of stories, not an encyclopedia. It is meant to be read, not referenced (although I did bust my ass on the index). I talk about the stuff you'd expect, how it's made, the history, where the name "bourbon" comes from. Because of my background, I also talk about the business side, marketing and such. As the title suggests, there is a fair amount of de-bunking. I'm not promoting any distilleries or products, so it's all the truth as close as I could find it. It is about American whiskey, not just bourbon per se. There is a tasting guide and 35 product reviews.

What else? As the back cover copy says, "It is richly detailed, clear, authoritative, insightful, independent and fun to read."

Respecting the non-commercial nature of this site, when I actually have books to sell I will post a web site address and that will be it with the plugging, though I'm happy to answer any questions.
    Attached Images Attached Images