Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: buffalo trace

Apprentice

buffalo trace

Trying to find out if anyone knows if you can get buffalo trace in the U.K.? And what the taste is like?

Apprentice

Re: buffalo trace

Hi Empire

www.thewhiskyexchange.com

IMHO the regular BT is not the best BT product. I prefer Eagle Rare 10

Apprentice

Thanks Whiskey Wiking,

I have heard allot about that, it's hard to get any here,(apart from London) so will order a couple!

Enthusiast

Trying to find out if anyone knows if you can get buffalo trace in the U.K.? And what the taste is like?
    I've bought it in Sainsbury's and they sell it at my local off licence in Bristol.

My favourite Bourbon.

Cheers,

B.

Apprentice

Bamber your a star mate!! I had no idea, me being a Tesco's man! I will get down there at the weekend. Do you know if they have the eagle rare?

Enthusiast

The Sainsbury's I get BT from is the one in Bristol near Bristol parkway and the Frenchay campus of UWE - its a big one and has some great Scotch as well.

I've seen Knob Creek, Rebel Yell, and WT 8yr old 101 in * Safeway * supermarkets. These are all really good, especially the WT - my life was incomplete until I tried this one

Good luck and cheers,

Bamber.

No eagle rare

... I plan to order some next week off the net.

Apprentice

I have seen lots of the Knob Creek around, haven't got round to trying it yet. WT is very good, tried it first time about 2 years ago and it was great. Having a look on this forum makes me want to go out to the States and get hold of some of these, lots of ones I've never heard of. U.K. is quite poor for choice on these don't you think?

Enthusiast

They are lucky - especially with the price - but thewhiskyexchange has some great stuff and drinkfinder.co.uk is also pretty good.

The rest of Europe and Australia have a much tougher time of it.

When your next in London check out the Vintage House on Old Compton Street (nr Leicester square).

Getting back to BT - this was the whisky that swung me from being a Scotch drinker who liked Bourbon to a Bourbon drinker who likes Scotch. Definitely worth trying.

Cheers,

Bamber.

Apprentice

Nice one Bamber, Cheers! I have enjoyed the bourbon for awhile, but has only been recently that I've decided to look outside the usual Jim Beam etc, first heard of BT in a bartender mag and have heard nothing but good reviews since then, so I am keen to taste, how does taste compare to JB?

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

To our British friends, I recommend Milroy in Greek Street, Soho, even closer to Leicester Square than Vintage House. Milroy has in recent years had an excellent U.S. whiskey selection including a number of straight ryes. There is another liquor store on Old Compton whose name escapes me, on the north side of the street like Vintage House, also with an interesting selection (I have seen Johnny Drum there). Between these 3 Soho outlets many of the most interesting bourbons and ryes are represented.

Gary