Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: buffalo trace

Apprentice

Re: buffalo trace

Thanks for that Bourbaki, I went on a mission to find it on the weekend but still can't seem to find it, I know I could find it on the web but I would rather find a store that has a plentifull supply. Still, the hunting is half the fun.

Enthusiast

Sorry to inform you but as far as I know it is not available in the UK. For that matter, it is not available in many states in the US. There just isn't enough to go around!! This is what Mark Brown tells me, and he is the CEO of Buffalo Trace. As for the taste, this is a world class bourbon. Very fruity, with a slight earthy taste. This is like a fruit basket all mingled together. There is no bad taste and the after-taste is just wonderful. This is on my top 5 list, probably No. 2- no!! make that NO 1. It doesn't get any better than this. It has been a while since I have been on the internet, but if you ever make it to the bourbon festival look me up. My name is Marvin, and I can assure you I will have a bottle of Buffalo Trace to share with you.

Cheers,
    Marvin

Apprentice

Weird, earlier post by Bamber said he found it at his supermarket. I can imagine that there might not be allot of it, but there has to be some somewhere out here?! If not I guess I will be forced to buy it off the web.

Apprentice

empire, I would recommend making sure you aren't overlooking a bottling or two in your familar haunts close to home. There are a number of bourbons in the price range of BT and even some below that are really good value for the money.

Apprentice

You could right, I just wanted to try the BT after everything I read about it, that said, I'm still new to the Bourboun game. I've tried WT, all JB's, what do you suggest?

Enthusiast

I really would suggest you get some of the web.

I just had the following delivered to my office from http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/

Ancient Age Barrel 107 10YO
    Eagle Rare single barrel 10YO
    Mellow Corn (my second bottle - WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME !!??)
    1 Ardbeg and 1 Glenmorangie nosing glass (with which I just sampled the AA - more to follow).

Delivered next day no fuss. I'd pick up the phone. I recommend you get:

Buffalo Trace (you need this whisky)
    EC 12YO (brilliant and different to BT - also required).
    AAA 10YO (Not dismilar to BT but that is no bad thing).
    1 Glenmorangie tasting glass - comes with cute little lid and allows 'one' to pretend to be posh.

Cheers,

Bamber.

BTW that would cost:

19 + 22.5 + 19 + 3 + 7 (packaging) = 70.50

Apprentice

Indeed, I've read good things here and elsewhere regarding Ancient Ancient Age 10 Y/O (not "10 Star") and Elijah Craig 12 Y/O. This thread has many recommendations regarding the bourbons that aren't priced at a premium but are good nonetheless.

Apprentice

empire: Looking at the link Bamber provided, in addition to the ones he has mentioned already, I would add Maker's Mark and Old Rip Van Winkle 10 Y/O 107 Proof.

Enthusiast

empire: Looking at the link Bamber provided, in addition to the ones he has mentioned already, I would add Maker's Mark and Old Rip Van Winkle 10 Y/O 107 Proof.
    I'm a big fan of the latter and the former is quite widely available in off licences.

Cheers,

B.

Apprentice

Yea, Makers Mark is damn good, but I need to get that BT, has become a mission, one last look this weekend, if not I will use that link of yours Bamber