Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Guru

A Melding Experiment

Recently, I decided to try my hand at melding the taste of bourbon into a cigar. I had a box of not-so-good-not-so-bad off brand La Condesa cigars that I had put into a jar humidor and had been occasionally checking the humidity and moistening the humidifier on the lid. A week or two ago I decided to use bourbon on the humidifier and so saturated it with some of my ORVW 10/90. I will continue to do so over the next few months prior to BF. If it works out, I will bring a supply with me. After a week or two, the aroma is definitely bourbon. I'll try tasting one this coming week and every couple of weeks thereafter to see if there is any marked change.

Administrator in exile

Re: A Melding Experiment

Great idea Dane! I have thought about something along those same lines, so I am very interested in your results

Bourbonian of the Year 2004 and Guru

I found this picture not long ago. It was taken at the Gazebo, after the Sampler. Somehow, I overlooked it and it didn't get posted....

Sooooooo...our smokin' dudes Dane and Jeff

Bettye Jo
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator in exile

In my defense, this was taken after the Sampler and a couple more rounds at the Gazebo Were we across the street looking at the still?

Guru

I think this is before we went to the still. There isn't very much ash on the La Perla yet and I smoked the majority of it while we were across the street. Still, doesn't the picture remind you of two little children on Christmas morning captivated by a new toy?