Allright, hope everyone doesn't mind if I start a new thread for reviews.

Here's my initial review of Chuckís book in a format that should be vaguely familiar to fellow straightbourbon.com members. As someone new to bourbon within the past year or so, I look forward to words of wisdom from Chuck. Note: As I just received the book this weekend, I have not had a chance to experience this book in itís entirety. Iíll complete/revise this review once Iíve finished the book.

Name: BOURBON, STRAIGHT: The Uncut and Unfiltered Story of American Whiskey

Copyright Date: 2004

Pages: 266

Publisher: Made & Bottled in Kentucky

Price: $22.95 for straightbourbon.com members.

Book/Cover: Burgundy-colored trade paperback. The simple and straightforward front cover displays the title as well as a yellow-graphic depicting a bourbon warehouse. The back cover provides a summary of the bookís content as well as a short biographical sketch of Charles Cowdery.

Nose (Initial Flip): On taking an initial flip through the book, I am immediately drawn to the insightful words that make up Chuckís signature and inscription, instantly giving this book a special place in the personal library. After doing so much via the computer these days (work, audio books via the web, e-magazines, etc.), this book is delightful to hold. The serif typeface (courier?) is incredibly readable and inviting, drawing me in to further explore this book.

Taste: After an initial read of the introduction, and a few of the whiskey reviews that make up the later pages in the book, I am delighted. The book thus far is what Chuck has promised in his introduction, straight and simple. A mix of personal anecdotes and experiences, history, and humor make the read delightful thus far.

Finish: While Iíve actually just begun this book, the honest and straightforward approach sticks in my head, pushing me to find time to garner my next taste of this book.

Overall: Well-done Chuck. The book is great so far. As a bourbon newbie, compared to many of the straightbourbon members at least, I look forward to learning more about whiskey in America. Chuckís honest approach seems to be a great place to start.