Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Advanced Taster

Finally..............

After waiting about 7 months, Wild Turkey Rye was finally available in my area[Seattle] without having to order a whole case. So, today at lunch, I picked up 2 bottles of WT Rye [WT 101 and WTRB are two of my favorites], and a bottle of Weller Antique 107. I have previously enjoyed Weller Special Reserve, but wanted to try a Weller over 100 proof.

We'll se how they fair.

Advanced Taster

Re: Finally..............

Report back. I just began tasting some rye myself. I'm curious as to how you'll find it.

Advanced Taster

Interesting -- I've never had a hard time finding WT Rye in the Seattle area. There are two stores that I frequent and they've both had it for ages. (4th Ave S. and 12th/Pine).

I have, however, never seen the Weller 107. Which store did you find that at?

Novice

Weller 107 is one of my personal favorites, oddly, it's the only Weller brand I've seen available here.

Advanced Taster

Clayton, bought the WT Rye and the Weller 107 at 4th Ave S.
    I have been making runs to that store for about 7 months, and they were always out of the WT Rye. I usually check the State website and then call for confirmation before I go to any store for something special. For example, I went to a store in Renton that the website said had 5 bottles of Baker's 107. They had none on the shelf, except a hand written sticker on the shelf w/the product code. I asked the manager to double check their stock, and Hey!, 5 bottles in the back. I walked out w/ 2 of them.

Anyway, I am impressed with the WT Rye. Definitely different that their 101 bourbon, and MUCH better than the JB Rye - by far!!!!
    This will be a nice alternative from bourbon when I can't decide on which bourbon I want to drink.

Advanced Taster

I'm glad you finally had good luck with the WT Rye. It's tasty stuff, and a nice change of pace as you pointed out.

While I think our state stores do a decent job, with the website being particularly useful for checking prices if not always for checking honest store stock, I do wish we had an open system like certain other states. It would be sooo nice to have a Binny's down the street.

Advanced Taster

I'm glad you finally had good luck with the WT Rye. It's tasty stuff, and a nice change of pace as you pointed out.

While I think our state stores do a decent job, with the website being particularly useful for checking prices if not always for checking honest store stock, I do wish we had an open system like certain other states. It would be sooo nice to have a Binny's down the street.