Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Early Times

Enthusiast

Re: Early Times

Actually, I'm not sure about whether I can get my order from abroad. There isn't any problem with book, music, etc. orders from sites like amazon com, but I don't exactly know the case for alcoholic beverages. Prices of alcoholic beverages include a great tax burden here, so this may lead to a problem. (For example, the USD equivalent of what I pay for JBW 75cl. here is 45 USD.)However, I'll try one day, putting an acceptable (little) amount of money at risk, and I'll place an order for a bottle of bourbon. If it arrives here safely, then I'll be ready for online purchase of upper shelf bourbons. In fact, I'm rather impatient to try different bourbons which gets good reviews on SB-like Woodford Reserve, Van Winkles, and others.

Virtuoso

Re: Early Times

Quote Originally Posted by mrt View Post
    Prices of alcoholic beverages include a great tax burden here, so this may lead to a problem. (For example, the USD equivalent of what I pay for JBW 75cl. here is 45 USD.)
    There's a possibility that the bottle might be delivered to you, but with duty payment due on receiving it. That happened to my sister when she was spending time in England and received more than the duty-free allowance of cigarettes from home.
    Oh no! You have walked into the slavering fangs of a lurking grue!