Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bourbonian of the Year 2006

Re: Hey Jeff, NIce Brews

Bob,
    Yes, I read the review and shared some of the info with Matt, from Kenucky Ale, last night at Pazzo's. It was Oktoberfest and the Spaten was flowing. Ed, The Patty, Jeff, Leslie and some other beer folk were there.
    Matt says there may be some new products coming. They've expanded into a new market, South Dakota. (?????)
    Looking forward to what Chris Byrd might come up with. They didn't have the Bourbon Barrel on tap last night but did have Trois Pistoles. Nice!!
    Purchased a newly patented device, the Sudscreen, a drink coozy for pints. Its made of neoprene with a velcro closure. Keeps those pints cool (or warm) in the pub.
    Ed

Administrator in exile

I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but after a little persistence, I got him to tell me that they are currently using Woodford Reserve barrels for their ale. Tucker said that they have a keg waiting to hook up just as soon as they empty something else.

Administrator in exile

the Sudscreen, a drink coozy for pints
    I've had a prototype for a couple months and love it, it really keeps the beer cold longer as well as protects it from light on sunny days. I can't believe nobody thought of that before now.