Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Taster

Re: Show Us Your Stash -- Version 2

And another!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Connoisseur

my bourbon stash

i took them all of their shelves in my bar and had them all pose together for this picture
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru
    Okay finally got around to getting everything out and snapping some pics, then I did a real quick and dirty paste in Photoshop. I left the duplicates in the boxes, so I you see two of something, then there must be something different about them. Of course this is the main stash, the drinking stash is currently feeling lonely in Louisiana.
    Bunker 1 copy.jpg
    Bunker 2 copy.jpg
    Bunker 3 copy.jpg
    Bunker 4 copy.jpg
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Connoisseur

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by barturtle
    Okay finally got around to getting everything out and snapping some pics, then I did a real quick and dirty paste in Photoshop. I left the duplicates in the boxes, so I you see two of something, then there must be something different about them. Of course this is the main stash, the drinking stash is currently feeling lonely in Louisiana.
    Very impressive! About the only thing I noticed missing which I would have expected is WT12. It appears you have the full collection of Saz from the beginning to present. Do you have same of GTS & ER?

According to my geographical calculations, I find myself considerably closer to Louisiana at present than yourself. Therefore, if the "drinking stash" gets too lonely, please feel free to provide directions to its specific location. I would not want it to get too terribly lonely in your absence. If it is anywhere close to the Kentucky stash in terms of quality & quantity, I could make myself quite at home until your return......and, be in no hurry!
    Last edited by jeff; 04-18-2006 at 05:11.
    "All I can say is that I have taken more out of alcohol than it has taken out of me".....Winston Churchill

Alas the only WT12 I have ever seen on a shelf in now empty-but is also one of the few bottles I've not been able to make myself throw away.

I never got around to doing a full collection of ER17 or GTS, and doubt I'll do another with the WLW. When I started the Saz it was easy...go in sometime within 6 months of it coming out and pick up a bottle, now it's more like a scavenger hunt.

Ah, currently the Louisiana bunker is quite unimpressive, as it mostly is used as "hunting storage" untill such time as I come home. But as I currently spend more time there than I do in KY, I keep all my open bottles there, though I do make sure to stock it up at the beginning of each semester with stuff I can't get there. I'm currently showing 16 bottles on the inventory there, and I know all but 2 of those are open(ERSB, WTRR101), but what is open ain't too bad(this includes VWFRR, Saz 18 & Jr, Dickel SBR, VROHH, OC BIB). It will have felt neglected, but I'll be back on Sunday, then whatever isn't gone in the 3 weeks following will get to travel back home to KY for the beginning of summer break, then it's off for study-abroad in Paris, where I hope to find some expatriots to return back home to their native bluegrass.

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Connoisseur
    I love looking at others...stashes...

Jeez -- you guys never said I could post multiple pictures:
    mainbody.JPGsideboard.JPGdecanters.JPGtopshelf.JPGCloset.JPGdresser.JPGlittles.JPGstand.JPG

Now, this doesn't include the few bottles sitting on the dresser in the bedroom, the Antique Collection 3-packs under the closet shelves, the 8-10 bottles of single-malt Scotch in another closet, the 80-100 wine bottles -- or the 8 boxes of whiskeys I've already got packed to bring to Bardstown next week!
    Tim

Connoisseur
    Oh my god...Tim you need a hobby...alright...you have a hobby..you need lot's of us to come over and ogle over your bottles.

Man alive,

Mark/Nebraska

What Tim apparently needs is more storage space

Actually it seems like I had noticed several pics of yours before, but it seems like it was an older post and you've probably added a few since then...but, DAMN Tim!

See I keep trying to tell my friends that I really don't have that much whiskey...for some reason they just don't get it

I'm no Pappyophile

Guru
    It's all starting to make sense now, With all that whiskey in one little apartment, Tim has to sleep in his car......and the reason he always brings so many wonderful bottles to the Gazebo is that that's where he stores his overflow......
    Last edited by gr8erdane; 04-19-2006 at 00:19.
    Dane
    I don't drink to excess. But I'll drink to most anything else.