Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: Show Us Your Stash -- Version 2

That Kentucky Tavern looks so good it's practically criminal. Lovely bottles all, as I would expect from the vault of such an eminent bourbonian as yourself.

I hope all loses due to the auto mishap were purely mechanical.

-Mike
    "This is the real article. It is double-rectified busthead from Madison County, aged in the keg. A little spoonful would do you a power of good."

-True Grit by Charles Portis

Yes, thank you, Mike, there were no injuries other than to (probably false) pride and the pocketbook. That said, be it known that my attitude toward the bourbon is long-standing -- share it while you can, for it is the greatest pleasure.
    Tim

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Edward_call_me_Ed View Post
    Here is mine. There are a few duplicates. There are a number of bottles of malt whisky Japanese and Scotch, and a few blends, Japanese, Scotch, and Irish on the shelves. But my heart belongs to Bourbon!
    Ed
    Ed, this is coming from a novice, but your bottles are in front of a window. Does that matter as far as the health of the bottles go, especially the open ones?

Thanks,

Mark

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Edward_call_me_Ed View Post
    Yes, there are eight different Nikka whiskeys on the second shelf. A couple more on the one above that. And a couple of suntory whiskies, too. Which one did you try? I will try to post a close up of my Japanese whiskey later. I can't just walk in the the room and snap a shot though, those shelves are full of books now. I wouldn't want to keep my whiskey in the sunlight full time, even though it looks nice.
    Ed
    Ed, you have answered my own question. So, I guess it's not good to have Whiskey in the light for any length of time.

Banned User

Smile Re: Show Us Your Stash -- Version 2

Wow, I really like some of those “bunkers”.

I see so many bottles just setting on narrow ledges. If an earthquake (even a small one) hits…

___

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

I just updated my stash with a few new bottles.... so here's the latest photo..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice, Cam.
    A bit off topic, after seeing your beam on the cowboy stand...
    I noticed the white label Beams over here already have Fred Noe's face on them as the 7th Generation distiller, and have finally acknowledged the fact that Booker ain't around any more, rest his soul.

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by HighTower View Post
    Very nice, Cam.
    A bit off topic, after seeing your beam on the cowboy stand...
    I noticed the white label Beams over here already have Fred Noe's face on them as the 7th Generation distiller, and have finally acknowledged the fact that Booker ain't around any more, rest his soul.

Scott
    I won't rest until they restore Carl Beam to the label, the man who, with his father and two sons, actually made the whiskey for 100 years.

Advanced Taster

Damn, Pepcycle,how much money do you have tied up in bourbon? I take that you are not married or if you are you dont have kids..lol...neat stuff..

Guru

Married with kids and still has a lot of neat toys. Ed is a man among men. Myself, I am still putting my bunker back into viewable order but have started decorating the new house with my love for bourbon very apparent. Here is one sample, my "shrine" which includes signed bottles of Tribute and Russells Reserve 101, Four Roses 40th anniversary bottle and WT12 on the top shelf, SB.com Pappy 23, Hirsch 20, Hirsch 16 blue and gold waxes, a RidgeWOOD Reserver 1792, VAN BLANKLE, and JB 200th Anniversary Bottle on the middle shelf and KBS BOTY bottlings on the bottom shelf. To be added when I get them out of storage will be all my signed glassware from past Samplers...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dane
    I don't drink to excess. But I'll drink to most anything else.