Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: Show Us Your Stash!!

Very nice Mike, and you seem to be segregating by distillery. Where did you pick up the gold foil WT?
    They're just laid out that way for photographical purposes. The bottles on the upper shelf are in their regular homes, but the bottles on the lower counter were moved from another high shelf for the photos. I did intentionally group them by distillery, though.

The WT 12yo was found (two bottles, actually) by me at a local store just a couple of weeks ago. I probably saw them six months ago, but wasn't as knowledgeable then. When I saw them a couple of weeks ago, after falling down, I got back up again and bought them both. There's nothing like doing a retailer the favor of relieving them of old stock like that!

Advanced Taster

Nice collection you've got. I must ask; how does the Old Forrester BIB compare to the WF flavourwise. I got one of the early batches (#04) and really like the fruit/date/fig vibe to it, but think a tad higher in proof would do well?

Also saw a Henry McKenna SB in your early stash. What are the current thoughts on this one?

I wish I could get a 1/4 of this stuff here. Looking at this site is punishment sometimes...

Enthusiast

Nice collection you've got. I must ask; how does the Old Forrester BIB compare to the WF flavourwise.
    I wish I could say, but I haven't been able to find any OF-BIB locally. That would have been my preference over the 86 proof. The regular OF isn't bad for the price though (I got it for US $10/liter), but it is certainly thinner in tast than the Woodford Reserve.

Also saw a Henry McKenna SB in your early stash. What are the current thoughts on this one?

I wish I could get a 1/4 of this stuff here. Looking at this site is punishment sometimes...
    The Henry McKenna wasn't bad, but it probably isn't something I am going to get more of. I found that I like the EWSB '94 much better, and it was about $8 cheaper, so it made sense to me to stock a few bottles during a recent brand sale at my favorite retailer.

In my case, this site isn't so much punishment as it is a bad influence! Fortunately, I don't drink it as fast as I buy it (usually 1 or two samplings per evening), so my purchases ought to be slowing down a bit now that I'm well stocked.

I just need to stop finding rare finds and limited releases. They cost more, and are a limited opportunity to buy, so they set me back a bit more than the stuff that is readily available!

Enthusiast

Re: Show Us Your Stash -- Version 2

Here's mine

From left to right
    Pappy 23, Pappy 20, Pappy 15, Binny's 18YR, Old Commonwelth, VW FR Lot B, Hirsch 20, Hirsch 16, VW FR Rye
    Attached Images Attached Images

Enthusiast

More

From to left to bottom right
    Ridgewood 1792, Elmer T Lee, Wathens SB, Peter Jakes Private Keep, Thedford, Rock Hill Farm, Evan Williams Globe, Henry Mckenna Jug, Elijah Craig 18 SB, Kentucky Spirit, Blantons, Ezra B SB, Jeffersons Reserve 15, Henry Mckenna SB, VS Old Fitz 12, George Dickel SBR, Old Charter.
    WT Tribute and Pogue too.

Connoisseur

Just resize the image ... or take the picture in the VGA e-mail setting.

Very nice collection ... You can't hide the Rip Van Winkle and the BMH bottles

Enthusiast

Makers Mark Keeneland bottles
    97, 98, 99, 00, 01 ,02, 03, 04

Enthusiast

As requested!
    Sam Houston, Hancocks President Reserve, RVW 15, RVW 10 90P, RVW 10 107P, Black Maple Hill 14, BMH 16

Enthusiast

Woodford Reserve bottles
    Ultimate Smoke, President's Choice 100.4P, 98 Breeders Cup, 99 BC, 00 BC, 02 BC

Enthusiast

More Woodford Reserve
    03 BC, 99 Derby, 00 Derby, 01 Derby, 02 Derby, 03 Derby, 04 Derby.