Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Re: Show Us Your Stash -- Version 2

i better start working overtime so i can be like you guys!
    "Always carry a large flagon of whisky in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
    W.C. Fields (1880-1946)

Virtuoso

Some sick stashes! I'm jealous. I don't consider mine a stash until I get to stash it someplace better than in cardboard boxes in my basement.

I wish I'd had the motivation to start this hobby/life's work a little sooner as I may have had some of the "lmtd ed" van winkles or the Hirsch wax tops. I'm freaking jealous. Now I think I know what's on top of my dusty hunting list.
    "Brownest of the brown liquors..so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you? But I'm in the middle of a trial!" L. Hutz

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tommyboy38 View Post
    Some sick stashes! I'm jealous. I don't consider mine a stash until I get to stash it someplace better than in cardboard boxes in my basement.

I wish I'd had the motivation to start this hobby/life's work a little sooner as I may have had some of the "lmtd ed" van winkles or the Hirsch wax tops. I'm freaking jealous. Now I think I know what's on top of my dusty hunting list.
    It's never too late Tommy. You've found some nice bottles already so you know stuffs out there. Additionally, there are some good bourbons now that I would stock up on namely; OWA, AAA 10 year, VOB BIB, Weller SR, Ritt BIB, Baby Saz, and maybe some other lower priced BIBs.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by ggilbertva View Post
    namely; OWA, AAA 10 year, VOB BIB, Weller SR, Ritt BIB, Baby Saz, and maybe some other lower priced BIBs.
    I got every one of those open on my tasting table (which used to be the mail table) except the baby Saz which I haven't tried yet. There all great and $15 or less. I may have to add a bottle of the baby Saz for my wife who is more impressed by the rye.
    "Brownest of the brown liquors..so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you? But I'm in the middle of a trial!" L. Hutz

Guru

What's important is not the bourbon in your stash.... it's the bourbon that you drink. (it's much more enjoyable when you are actually drinking it then when you are just looking at it.)
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jburlowski View Post
    What's important is not the bourbon in your stash.... it's the bourbon that you drink. (it's much more enjoyable when you are actually drinking it then when you are just looking at it.)

So true, but if you do not have a stash, you will not have those items to drink. Quite the delicate balance....

If it was not for putting up the discontinued goodies that I have been fortunate to come across, I would have not had the opportunity to try and share some incredible bourbon.

Stashes are impressive, but stashes that are shared for drinking are respected and impressive.

Bourbon in AZ anyone? Open bar at my place

Novice

Thumbs up Re: Show Us Your Stash -- Version 2

Wow, nice photos. I had my wife check them out. She agreed she should cut me some slack concerning my meager collection. Very impressive stash.

Guru

OK, y'all here dey is, left to right.

Top;
    Legend Barrel Proof, Legend 101, American Spirit, Master Distiller's Select 14yo, 50th Jimmy Russell's Tibute, Japanese Tribute

2nd row,
    12yo Split Label, Tradition, 1855 Reserve, Kentucky Spirit, Japanese Split Label 700ml, Japanese Full Label 700ml

3rd row,
    Old Number 8 Brand, 8 year old 101,[200ml chrome flask 86.8] Gold Label, Rare Breed, [200ml chrome flask 86.8], Old Brown label 80 proof, Current 80 proof

4th row,
    8 yo export 1 litre, current 101 NAS, Russell's Reserve Old Label 90, 10yo 101 Russell's Reserve, New Label Russell's Reserve 90, 86.6 Brown Label, Export 86.8

5th row,
    Sherry Signature, American Honey, WT Liqueur, Russell's Reserve Rye New Label, Russell's Reserve Rye Old Label, green and red old label Rye 101, Current 101 Rye

4th row
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ovh

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by OscarV View Post
    OK, y'all here dey is, left to right.

Top;
    Legend Barrel Proof, Legend 101, American Spirit, Master Distiller's Select 14yo, 50th Jimmy Russell's Tibute, Japanese Tribute

2nd row,
    12yo Split Label, Tradition, 1855 Reserve, Kentucky Spirit, Japanese Split Label 700ml, Japanese Full Label 700ml

3rd row,
    Old Number 8 Brand, 8 year old 101,[200ml chrome flask 86.8] Gold Label, Rare Breed, [200ml chrome flask 86.8], Old Brown label 80 proof, Current 80 proof

4th row,
    8 yo export 1 litre, current 101 NAS, Russell's Reserve Old Label 90, 10yo 101 Russell's Reserve, New Label Russell's Reserve 90, 86.6 Brown Label, Export 86.8

5th row,
    Sherry Signature, American Honey, WT Liqueur, Russell's Reserve Rye New Label, Russell's Reserve Rye Old Label, green and red old label Rye 101, Current 101 Rye

4th row
    Oscar, Nice Turkeys

Enthusiast

Limit of three birds in possesion in this state. Sir we will need to take your stash and will dispose of properly. No ticket, only a warning this time. Have a nice day.........tim