Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: Buffalo Trace - Great whisky and great people !!

Well, my Binny's order came in today, and I am now working on my second glass of Buffalo Trace. The taste is different than any other Bourbon in my collection, so far I like it a lot. A few other BT bottlings arrived today, and I am curious whether any of these share a similar profile. As I understand it both the AAA and the Elmer T Lee (which I aquired in the same order) share flavors, I guess the next few days will tell. Research in the name of science, oh well, someone has to do it.

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

I was able to find a bottle of BT whilst in London the week before last from Harods of all places (as well as a couple of bottles of Van Winkle...but that's for another post.)

My only regret was that I held off buying a bottle of Eagle Rare SB and a bottle of Blantons because I was hoping to find a bottle of Stagg &/or Sazerac - I ended up coming home with none of them Looks like I'll be trying to find some US online retailers to buy them from and have them shipped to Australia...

But I did get the bottle of BT and 2 Blantons minitures, and I am very much looking forward to trying them!

Taster

We live in hope.

I did get the bottle of BT and 2 Blantons minitures, and I am very much looking forward to trying them!
    My guess is you'll wonder at the value of the Buffalo Trace -- if not at the first sip, then by the time you finish the bottle. Consider (at least in the U.S.) that it's less than half the price of the Blanton's.

Advanced Taster

Well Cam. I've got some good news for you. Nicks Wine in Melbourne are currently selling Blanton's Special Reserve for $75 witgh freight anywhere in the country. I'm soooo tempted right now...

http://www.nicks.com.au/

Taster

Im with Tim on this one, I just did a quick calculation & even Air freighting from U.S. plus customs & GST, the BT still comes in $25 AUS cheaper than the Blantons.

For my mind BT is the best value for money Bourbon bar none.

Advanced Taster

I agree, but I couldn't just order one bottle from the states. And I'm not in a position to justify more than $100 on grog.
    Might try a flutter on Melbourne Cup day.

I've emailed Nicks to see if they would ever import something like BT or ER. As of 2 months ago they were selling Jefferson's Reserve for about $75

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

My guess is you'll wonder at the value of the Buffalo Trace -- if not at the first sip, then by the time you finish the bottle. Consider (at least in the U.S.) that it's less than half the price of the Blanton's.

Well, the BT retailed at 25gbp a bottle, and the Blantons was close to 70gbp. The 2 50ml minatures cost 7.50 gbp each...

I will definately order a bottle of Special Reserve from Nick's Wines in Melbourne though! Thanks for the heads up Pete_d

Advanced Taster

As shall I. Remember however that the Blanton's Family Reserve is the little brother Blanton's. COming in at a modest 80 proof. Might have to order it with some Booker's to compensate.

Advanced Taster

Got word back from Nick's Wine Merchant's in Melbourne. They told me that they are doing Blanton's Gold label at $110AUS. Not sure if i'd ever pay ofver $100 for 1 bottle (exept a 3 litre of something nice)