Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Administrator in exile

What\'s next on your list...

of bourbons to try? What have you had your eye on, but haven't yet taken the plunge and bought a bottle? Try not to list a "dream bourbon" that you can't get or won't for some time, but just the next bottle on the shelf that you haven't tried yet. For me right now it is the new Four Roses Single Barrel. I like the 80 enough for a low-proof bourbon, but I have higher expectations for this one.

Re: What\'s next on your list...

I tried the Four Roses Single Barrel at the Gazebo, so it's not a 'haven't-tried-yet' -- but I'll likely buy a bottle next time I'm in KY. And, I'll keep going back to the one store in my area that still has Stagg '03 until it runs out, while also searching/snagging the '04, which I also tried at the Gazebo (several times!).
    You know, now that you mention it, Jeff, I think I've pretty much tried, at least, everything available in these parts. So, when I get back to KY I might snag some lower-shelf gems like Old Fitz 1849 or EW 1793 -- neither of which is available here.

Advanced Taster

I've got a pretty long "to buy" list, but what I can get here in Seattle is fairly limited by our obnoxious state-run liquor stores. Much of the Buffalo Trace family is hard to come by, for instance. I mail order things now and then, but shipping is costly so I usually wait until there's a bunch of things I want.

Of all of them, Rock Hill Farms is most likely next in the queue, and I can get that locally. However, since I just opened a bottle of Stagg, I might not be shopping for awhile.

Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator

I have plenty of time but I think I need to get up to speed with EWSB1995.

Connoisseur

I want to try the new Birthday Bourbon. Yeah, I know it's not as old as previous vintages, and reportedly not as good, but I want to try it myself.

Next after that will probably be the new Woodford Reserve, but only if I can get a definite answer on how to identify the "good stuff."

Advanced Taster

I dont really have "one" on the list
    mine is
    Van Winkle 13 year old ( i probably can't affor the 20 YO)
    Bookers
    Stagg
    or a Van Winkle Rye (never tried Rye before)

Guru

I'm thinking of Jefferson Reserve's little brother Sam Houston. Been looking hard at a bottle for over a year and for some reason just can't pull the trigger. EWSB1995 will take a while to get here considering the amount of 1994 still on shelves everywhere. Now that TNbourbon has picked up some Tribute for me, it's only a matter of time and mileage before I try it. And I'm still waiting for DiCarlo's in Chicago to send me my Stagg 04 case. Shouldn't be too much longer....

Administrator in exile

I'm thinking of Jefferson Reserve's little brother Sam Houston
    That's one I have been meaning to try as well. I wish I could have gotten a hold of it when I was stationed down at Fort Sam Houston, in San Antonio. But then, when I was there all I cared about was getting my Keystone Light for $1.99 a six pack

Connoisseur

I always see EW 7 yr on the lower shelf and for some reason never pick it up. Will do! The EW 1793 is not bad by the way. Picked up another bottle a few weeks ago. Currently on a EWSB '92 , just waiting for the '95 to show up.

Bourbonian of the Year 2009 and Virtuoso

OGD 114 keeps winking at me on my bourbon aisle......but that orange label????? (And I'm the one driving a "rolling copper still" ) Will try someday, maybe soon.

Randy