Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Novice

Maker\'s Mark Lounge-- etc

Made my first visit to the new lounge on 4th street the other day. I am very proud that all bourbons are represented, not just Makers. The furnishings are top class and the prices (for the boubon anyway) aren't too over the top. I was prepared for much higher prices, due to it's location. By the way, Falls City Beer is 99 cents, if you are into that! Still, I like the Flagship lounge at the Galt House for a good bourbon tasting. There's just something about 30 year old decor that makes the bourbon taste better! Where are your favorite bourbon haunts?

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Re: Maker\'s Mark Lounge-- etc

In Louisville I like the bar at the Seelbach Hotel, conveniently located a block from the Maker's Mark Lounge if you want to compare them.

Here in Chicago I like Delilah's. I also like my neighborhood joint, Nick's Uptown, and another nearby neighborhood joint called Jackie's (Jacqueline's, actually). Nick's and Jackie's have pretty good bourbon selections. Delilah's is great.

Novice

Re: Maker\'s Mark Lounge-- etc

yes- I neglected to mention the Seelbach. The live jazz on Saturday makes a great atmosphere. My wife and I have stayed there on several occasions. The Brown Hotel also does a fine job at promoting bourbon. Still, for bourbons like Blanton's at $18 a pour may make sampling bourbon a little pricey (that's hotel pricing for ya ). I forgot to mention that the Maker's bar has several flights of 3 different bourbons for around $15.