Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

View Poll Results: Drinking Alone - Anonymous Poll

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • I never drink alone.

5 8.47%
  • I sometimes drink alone.

38 64.41%
  • I drink alone. (I prefer to be by myself.)

16 27.12%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Taster

Sociability Poll

Advanced Taster

Re: Sociability Poll

Sure, I'll pour a glass if I'm home at night and my girl's away. I don't think anything of it.

Now, getting drunk alone -- that's when you may have a problem worth thinking about.

Guru

I know you said "Anonymous...", but that would be too much like drinking alone.

Actually, I checked the "I drink alone" choice because it's true more often than not (unless my dogs count as company, which they do, for me).

Back in the day when I sometimes drank to excess in public, I engaged in numerous annoying behaviors, such as quoting literary passages from various sources ranging from Lewis Carroll ("'Twas brillig and the slithy toves Did gyre and gimbal in the wabe...") to Ayn Rand ("Thousands of years ago, the first man discovered how to make fire. He was probably burned at the stake he had taught his brothers to light...") If my recitations had proven to be more entertaining to my comrades, then perhaps I would still seek out company when I drink.

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Enthusiast

I usually only drink a little in company because I'm nicer sober

Guru

There should have been a fourth choice, I usually drink alone. Most of the time when I'm enjoying a pour I'm at my PC reading posts here or surfing. The occasional Thursday night chat also counts. But I do drink with friends and family from time to time so always is too strong.

I do like to drink on dates provided my date does too. The more she drinks the better I look. And vice versa unfortunately.

Connoisseur

I drink alone, but not to excess. With an 11-month old that's still nursing, my wife hasn't really been much of a drinking buddy for the last couple years.

While I marked the "I drink alone" choice because it is accurate, the accompanying "(I prefer to be by myself)" isn't. Alas, some of us have little choice. I live alone, and am seldom in the company of bourbon drinkers. It's one of the many reasons to enjoy the Sampler and Festival as often as possible -- to be able to enjoy, compare and exchange with others who appreciate fine bourbon.

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

I marked I drink alone sometimes. But, if you said "do I drink bourbon alone" then I'd have to vote most times. Unfortunately most of my family & friends are scotch, wine or beer drinkers...

Taster

The "I prefer to be by myself" qualifier was supposed to be heard by the reader in George Thorogood's voice. It was an attempt at humor.

Advanced Taster

I like to go drink when im out with friends but i also just like relaxing after a fulfilling day and capping it off with an ounce and a half pour of the good stuff and just read random things online.