Hi all,

I received a bottle of Weller Special Reserve as a gift, and I've been slowly making my way through the bottle (I tend to rotate between all my bourbons, and I've got about 12 bottles open right now). I enjoy this bourbon, but find that it's got just the tiniest bitter or harsh aftertaste. For the money ($12), I really can't complain, because I still enjoy it more than Maker's Mark, and Maker's is 2x the price.

Is this taste typical of all the Weller bottlings, or is it just because Special Reserve is their low-end offering? I have an opportunity to buy some Weller Antique 107... if I like everything about the Weller Special Reserve except for the finish, do you folks think I'll enjoy the Weller 107? I'm in the middle of purchasing a house, so funds for bourbon have became scarce in the past few weeks, and will continue to be so for the foreseeable future. I'm trying to pick and choose my purchases more carefully, because I'd hate to think money I spent on a "bad" (subjective, of course) bourbon could've gone towards the house.

Thanks,
Will