Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Enthusiast

How much bourbon do you drink?

Ok, I'm sure this comes up often. I read an old poll & thread on this subject and it got me wondering how often folks here imbibe. It's not unusual for me to go a day or two without a drink, and then I can have 2-3 good-sized pours in an evening. I guess this technically qualifies as binge-drinking, although I certainly don't see it that way.

So, how often do you drink bourbon, and how much do you typically have?

Enthusiast

Re: How much bourbon do you drink?

Usually daily, and usually 2 (occasionally 3) 1.5 oz (45 ml) drinks poured neat and sipped slowly.

Usually daily, and usually 2 (occasionally 3) 1.5 oz (45 ml) drinks poured neat and sipped slowly.
    Yeah, what Mike said. A couple of times a week I'll have a glass or two of wine with a meal -- either in addition to (usually a weekend) or instead of (weekday/night) the bourbon/rye.

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

Typically I enjoy 1 or 2 neat 30ml pours every 2nd night or so. When I'm not Martial Arts training, I'll enjoy a single pour prior to dinner most weeknights.

This is a habbit that has really only come about since I joined the straightbourbon.com forum and discovered the variety of bourbons available. It's still a novelty for me to open a different bottle that I haven't tried yet (and there are a few.)

Prior to discovering this site, I mostly drank Jim Beam White or Woodford Reserve with Coke on weekends, and usually in large amounts.

Enthusiast

Prior to discovering this site, I mostly drank Jim Beam White or Woodford Reserve with Coke on weekends, and usually in large amounts.
    Woodford Reserve + coke? That's an expensive bourbon and coke. Not that I'm a huge fan of Woodford Reserve (I prefer Old Forester BIB), but still... ouch!

Guru

With my really weird working hours I only occasionally have a drink when I get home around 8am. But on the nights I don't work, I usually sit at my computer for a couple of hours with whatever bottle I choose to favor for the evening and pour small pours while I chat or play games or whatever until I'm done. No limits, I just know when I don't want anymore.

Lately the bottles of choice have been some I didn't particularly care for the first few pours and want to make myself appreciate. I started this trend with my first WR until it was gone and am now working on my bottle of Beam Black. In both cases, I have overcome my original dislikes and come to enjoy them. Next up: Johnny Drum 15yr.

Eventually I want to hit on one go-to and buy 1.75s to keep in my computer desk but for now, there's just too many to choose from. What a dilemna!

Advanced Taster

I always go out on the weekends and ill drink an assortment of whatever, usually including one bourbon or two. Then on the weekdays ill probably have a single pour maybe twice in those 5 days. occasionally ill have two pours but i try to limit it based on a lack of funds to buy more

Mr. Anal Retentive Bourbon Drinker

as Marvin would say, 1-2 1.75l per week is reasonable!

Enthusiast

About the same as me - to be honest it does concern me at times

About a bottle a week !

Advanced Taster

Nightly...... after a long day of fixin furnaces.....
    It's gettin cold here....
    Actually I now have 24 bottles in my collection and every night we sit down and pull out 3 or 4 bottles and sip on a 1/4 shot of each..... Every night something different....with the exception of EC 18yo, having trouble not trying this one every night....
    Variety is such a spice of life and the bourbon is the dessert......