Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: How much bourbon do you drink?

About the same as me - to be honest it does concern me at times

About a bottle a week !
    Is the concern about cost, or alcohol consumption?

I figure if I can choose to pass it up on any given evening, which I have (hence the qualified "usually daily" in my post), and that I don't get drunk, then I probably don't have a problem.

There's a difference between an obsession and an addiction. It may be a fine line, but I continue to maintain that I am merely obsessed with bourbon (and rye)!

Enthusiast

Alcohol consumption.

There's been some pretty nasty goings on in my family, with booze and I'm wary of going the same way.

I don't get drunk (pretty much ever) but I do *love whisky* especially American whisky. I've got around 35 bottles of Bourbon and Rye on the go at the moment and just adore everything about it - from the history and packaging to the taste (of course !).

It would be sad if we couldn't enjoy something anymore (for health reasons) that had given us such great pleasure. That's the main reason I worry.

Advanced Taster

Not Enough!!!!!

Enthusiast

Re: How much bourbon do you drink POLL?

This might be the previous thread you were talking about, posted here as there were a couple of insightful comments posted that are worth reading.

Connoisseur

First, I have to state firmly that I have no wish to express a flippant attitude towards alcohol and the damages it can cause.

At the same time Ive gotten the impression that medical science more or less has confirmed that healthy amounts of alcohol is good for you. I immensely enjoy my small doses of whiskey - it adds tremendously to what we in Sweden call "Livskvalitet" (Life quality? Quality of life?)

Guru

About the same as you, except that three in one evening is a rare exception.

I've found that if I have my first drink of bourbon in the afternoon, it's easy (perhaps too easy) to end up having five or six by bedtime. Accordingly, I usually don't drink bourbon until late in the evening.

When I drink beer during the day, it's always easy to stop at one or, rarely, two.

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Bourbonian of the Year 2004 and Guru

First, I have to state firmly that I have no wish to express a flippant attitude towards alcohol and the damages it can cause.

I agree with you 100%...My lifestyle dependents upon alcohol. How much folks "consume" is the very backbone to the financial stability of my family .

Hey...right now...I am working alot of overtime...10 hours is mandatory right now (alot of times I have to stay longer for breakdowns and line changes)...Geezzzzzz...I am almost tempted to say "Ya'll slow down abit cause I sure in the hell don't want to do 12 hour shifts ! But I ain't gonna do that...I kinda like the time and 1/2 pay...especially at Christmas

May the "Spirit" of Holiday Cheer be with all of ya this year! and if you are raising a glass with "our" product in it...I hope you think of me (and all of us at HH) while we are working thru these long hours...

Bettye Jo

Advanced Taster

I'll usually have a pour or two 4-5 nights a week. Almost never on Tues/Thurs, as on these days my workout regimen begins shortly after work and runs late. The small pours on other evenings are nursed over several hours and never led to anything beyond a mild buzz. I have no use for getting drunk.

I typically sample in rotation from whatever I have open, rarely pouring the same bottle more than once in a week. This keeps things interesting, but it also means that a bunch of bottles will be emptied out around the same time. A good excuse to go shopping!

Novice

I drink 2-3 shots a knight or two glasses at two fingers per night but it does depend on want my supplies are at,
    however I if I go snowwing/mtb/snowbroading/hiking etc.,
    I find I fall asleep qiuckly so I do not always keep the same regiment.

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

and if you are raising a glass with "our" product in it...I hope you think of me (and all of us at HH) while we are working thru these long hours...
    Heaven Hill is one of the few distileries (outside the Jim Beam ones) that ship Downunder in bulk....
    So this year I plan on introducing my bourbon loving Uncles & Cousins to the joy of Evan Williams SB and Elijah Craig 12yo (instead of the usual Jim Beam White)