Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Administrator in exile

What bourbon are you drinking now?

As you're sitting in front of your screen reading these boards, what's in your glass? Let the world know what your current favorite is, it's usually the one in your hand

Right now I'm enjoying a two-finger pour of Pappy Van Winkle 15yo. Lot's of warm vanilla and caramel with a slightly fruity/medicinal after-taste. There is a little more wood in this expression than either the 10 or the 20yo bottlings, something that might take a new drinker a bit to get used to, but once you're there, you're there

Enthusiast

Re: What bourbon are you drinking now?

Well, I've currently got Rock Hill Farms in the glass, but I ration it pretty carefully. We trimmed the tree this evening, so I decided it was worth breaking into it.

Lately, I find myself drinking Eagle Rare 101 more than anything else, followed by Elijah Craig 12YO. Days like this where my job was extra stressful, I might crack into another couple, probably Evan Williams Single Barrel and Beam black or Old Forester 100 proof.

Advanced Taster

Right this minute, it's Elijah Craig 18 (barrel 952; barreled 6/15/82). I just love this bourbon, which I admit is not a typical bourbon. I like its subtle statement of what bourbon is all about: no yelling for attention, just an elegant, soft-spoken thing of beauty in a glass. I find it to be balanced exquisitely between dry and sweet, flavorful, yet muted. In some ways, it approaches cognac, in others, single malt. It has rye and it has class. Only downside, to my way of enjoying it, is it's way too drinkable and affordable. Hats off to Heaven Hill for this outstanding bourbon! Oh, and I also like the bottle (best bourbon bottle I've ever seen) and the cork: I hope Heaven Hill keep them as is because I don't like cheap, generic-looking bottles. I know it is a hassle on the bottling lines (Thanks, Bettye Jo!), but I like the bottle even more than the Stagg/ER17/Saz18 bottle. Cheers, Ed V.

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

Tonight (Friday night) is usually a drop of ORVW 10yo before dinner, a shot of Elijah Craig 12yo after dinner, and a dash of Jim Beam Small Batch & Port with/after dessert..
    Tommorrow night at a 'Antipasto Evening' dinner party, it'll probably be either Bulleit or Evan Williams SB..

Enthusiast

Well, this is as good a place as any for my first post. Wouldn't necessarily call it my #1 favorite - I'm still a little new in my explorations for that - but what's in my glass right now is OGB BIB, which is in my house solely because of lurking on this board. Thanks for that, and others.
    Bob

Taster

Welcome, BobA !!!!!!!!

Right this moment, I am drinking WT 101 cut 50/50 with cold ginger ale, no ice. A most satisfying sipper!

Connoisseur

Very Old Barton 100. Very enjoyable for the price.

Enthusiast

I, too, am drinking OGD BIB at the moment. Earlier this evening, it was WT 101. Both served neat in a Riedel Bourbon glass.

I am drinking a shot of Buffalo Trace. It is a fine whisky and affordable enough to drink everyday.

Advanced Taster

Wild Turkey 101 Neat
    i had my first day at my new job so im kinda tired and this is hittin the spot.
    Lakers won too