Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OGD 114

Disciple
    well, that's perhaps a good sign that you have something unique on your hands. Current label on the back of OGD BIB says that is distilled in Clermont, DSP-KY-230, and bottled in Frankfort, DSP-KY-14.
    -Dan

Who stole the cork from my breakfast?

This is easily my favorite bourbon. It tastes great, packs a decent wallop, and is quite inexpensive. I drink it straight, too, although at first I had to follow it with a chaser.

The only downside is the bad reputation it has among non-bourbon drinkers. They always look at me like I'm insane when I order it (on the rare occasions I go to a bar that carries it).

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by blue lander

The only downside is the bad reputation it has among non-bourbon drinkers. They always look at me like I'm insane when I order it (on the rare occasions I go to a bar that carries it).
    I think it has a pretty good reputation on these boards. I know its one of my favorites.

Tim
    Self-Styled Whisky Connoisseur

Guru

Count Me In

There is broad support on this board for all the less expensive higher proof pours. That is how I found out about them!

One of my recent favorites. I have given 2 bottles as gifts to some others that like it also.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Connoisseur
    I was able to pick up a couple bottles today. It seems like a real hit or miss in WA. and only a couple of the Liquor Stores in the entire State carry it for some reason. It was one of the bottles you listed in your top 10 Tim (ratcheer), thats the first I had ever heard of it. I think it has great flavor.
    Todd

Advanced Taster
    Todd - You've probably been already, but the liquor store on 4th Ave S downtown (the biggest and most worthwhile store in the state) often has OGD114. It's a regular pour in my house.

Connoisseur
    Yep, just went there Saturday to pick up a couple bottles. They had been out and gave me a call to let me know they got a case in. I stop in every once in while just to see what surprises are on the shelf. My store in Sammamish or Issaquah has a poor selection in comparison.
    Todd

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by SBOmarc
    There is broad support on this board for all the less expensive higher proof pours. That is how I found out about them!

One of my recent favorites. I have given 2 bottles as gifts to some others that like it also.

Less expensive higher proof pours, sounds good to me! Doesn't make me bad...

Taster
    OGD114 seems to be very popular around my neck of the woods with a large cult following. The stock always looks to be low on the shelves. OGD114 is great at its price point and I enjoy it very much. I was wondering...does anyone know how OLD it is?
    "Now it is time for that mellow moment"

Disciple
    Quote Originally Posted by photogjunkie
    OGD114 seems to be very popular around my neck of the woods with a large cult following. The stock always looks to be low on the shelves. OGD114 is great at its price point and I enjoy it very much. I was wondering...does anyone know how OLD it is?
    I did read in an old (published 1987) Michael Jackson whisk(e)y book that the 114 was 10 years old, but that must relate to the version from the Frankfurt distillery. I got no idea how old the Beam version is.

Leif
    Swedish lover of American whiskey