Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Enthusiast

Jim Murray whisk(e)y tasting in Victoria

You're invited to join Jim Murray in Victoria, BC for a one day Whisk(e)y event on May 9th. Plans include a book signing and sit-down dinner, culminating with a four-hour tasting event including Canadian, Irish, Scotch and American whiskies.

This event is one of three or four planned throughout western and central Canada as Murray re-visits Canadian distilleries to update his writings for his 2006 Bible. I'm not sure if Murray is planning on visiting Ontario.

Any SB.com members interested in making the trek to Victoria (Seattle is only 2 hours away) are welcome to PM me for further details as they come available.

Advanced Taster

Re: Jim Murray whisk(e)y tasting in Victoria

Bummer that this is on a Monday. That makes it unlikely that I'll be able to make it. Sounds like a great event.

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

Re: Jim Murray whisk(e)y tasting in Victoria

Thanks Dave, if you do hear anything about Ontario, please let us know, I'd love to go. I corresponded with Jim after reading his Whisky Bible and he was very forthcoming, clearly a gent because after all he didn't know me from Adam yet he wrote back promptly and sent a nice response. He must have a soft spot for straight rye because he spoke about it in glowing terms, saying it deserves to be much better known, which is certainly true. I like his rollicking writing style, like when he'll say of a whisky, "oh you beauty!", or, "you darling", that's funny.

Gary