Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

what do you like doing the most while drinking....

What is the activity you do most while drinking. I assume most people are at a bar when they drink, but while at home what do you usually find yourself doing? If I'm all alone enjoying a few good pours I end up sitting online and watching the simpsons on DVD (big fan) or maybe a movie that I've already seen so I don't really have to pay attention.....................

Enthusiast

Re: what do you like doing the most while drinking....

On-line poker tournaments. Got a nice thick pour of Buffalo Trace, and lady luck. So far tonight the BT has been better than the luck.

Guru

Re: what do you like doing the most while drinking

Hmmm, I almost never drink at bars except when I'm out of town.

I usually read, and its usually a novel. I prefer it in my big, overstuffed leather chair in our living room / library. Sometimes I'm reading in bed, occasionally sitting up to take a sip.

Tim

Connoisseur

Depends...If I'm home and enjoying a "few" adult beverages...I'm either singing to myself (or my poor wife) Playing on my computer, playing pinball, watching sports or entertaining a couple friends...I'm a man of many talents!

Advanced Taster

I like a good book, murder mystery mostly. Like James Patterson or Michael Connelly. Also, being online reading these forums, makes me very thirsty. So I usually have a pour or three...

I don't usually drink in bars. It's the whole drinking and driving thing that scares me. You could loose a lot just for enjoying a whiskey. Plus, with over 270 bottles in my bar, Ohio can't give me a better selection. Plus, I get a great deal on the bar tab at the end of the night!!

I do love to sit with my wife and taste a few bourbons. We love to talk about the whiskies. She's a big rye fan... Gotta love that in a woman!

Apprentice

What I like to do most and what I usually do are two different things. I like to drink with good company the most, especially with a good cigar. Over a good game of poker is even better.

What I usually do is enjoy a drink after work while perusing the mail or checking email.

Connoisseur

You aren't the sharkman guy that used to be on the radio?

Guru

That's easy. I usually formulate my nightly strategy to TAKE OVER THE WORLD. (It's Pinky, Pinky and the Dane, Dane, Dane, Dane.......)

Enthusiast

I assume most people are at a bar when they drink, but while at home what do you usually find yourself doing?
    That's an odd assumption to make, if you consider how much time and effort we spend hunting down and buying great bourbons. I know I buy them to enjoy consuming them. With so much great bourbon at home (25+ and counting), and damned near nothing worthwhile in 1/2 the bars I visit (the other half at least have Wild Turkey), I can't justify paying bar prices for mediocrity.

Besides, I'm usually only in a bar while Bonnie and I are waiting for a table at whatever restaurant we're visiting.

That being said, I, like Tim, am usually reading. Either online, or a book or magazine. That or just contemplating how great life is with such magnificent bourbon to drink!

Connoisseur

I'm a musician, and I play in a lot of bars, but I only have a beer or two when I'm out, as I need to keep focused on the music (and the drive home). So my bourbon drinking is done mostly at home, usually while surfing the web or watching TV. I especially enjoy a bourbon with friends, or while watching HBO with my wife on Sunday nights (anyone else watch "Carnivale" or "Deadwood"?...Great shows!!).