Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pure Kentucky?

Guru

Re: Pure Kentucky?

If it was bottled in 2003, then I couldn't have seen it three or four years ago. Maybe I am completely mis-remembering it!

Tim

Apprentice

Re: Pure Kentucky?

We don't store our whiskey in stainless especially in such a small batch of 5-10 barrels.

Pure Kentucky XO - old thread revived for info

OK, hope I don't get in trouble for posting in such an old thread but I just came across one of those deals I couldn't refuse. This place I was in today is apparently trying to clear out there Pure Kentucky XO and have it marked down to $15.99, needless to say I COULD NOT pass up one and probably should have bought them all I know it's typically a ~$26 bourbon.

So I have searched and searched and really cannot find much info on this, I don't plan to open it for a while, other than a one person who liked it very much (Brian12069). That was a while ago so I am hoping to somewhat revive this dead thread, you like that rhyme? and get some further info.

Thanks!
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Connoisseur
    You got a good deal!

Connoisseur
    I've started seeing Pure Kentucky out here in California recently at BevMo. Before that I'd only seen it in Kentucky, so maybe they're going for a wider distribution. I enjoy this bourbon quite a lot...definitely a no-brainer if you can get it for $15.99!!

Guru
    I know in one of our very early bourbon tastings, Pure Kentucky XO, 11 y/o, 107 Proof won against Sam Houston and Old Charter Proprieters Reserve.
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"

Taster
    Funny this thread should appear. I was in Houston this weekend and stopped in at Spec's to pick up some Buffalo Trace which is not available in the Austin market. While I was there, I also grabbed a bottle of the Pure Kentucky XO which I had heard about, but never tried. The price was fair at $26.00 and my bottle says the pour was put in oak in July 1992 and bottled in December 2005. Haven't opened it yet, but it is in line.
    "Now it is time for that mellow moment"

Yeah that is why I was asking, I will not get around to opening it for a while either. I wanted to know, and think I do now, if I should go get the other 2 at that good of a price, I'll get over there this weekend - I just wonder if they'll mark it down even further in the next few weeks if it sits there...
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Disciple
    I tried all four of the small batch boutique collection bourbons at WhiskyFestNY a couple years ago and Pure Kentucky and Noah's Mill were my two favorites of the lot.

Curious what others think of Pure Kentucky if they've had a chance to try it since acquisition...?
    -Dan

Who stole the cork from my breakfast?

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru
    I don't know if there is a Pure Kentucky other than the Pure Kentucky XO, but I find the Pure Kentucky XO to be over-the-hill wood-wise, just too much.