Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bourbon clubs?

Novice

Bourbon clubs?

Just curious if anyone was aware of any bourbon of the month clubs. I know similar memberships exist for wines, beers, cigars, etc. Any thoughts?

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

Re: Bourbon clubs?

I've never seen one, but it raises a fun idea...
    Why couldn't we run one here on the Straight Bourbon site?

Advanced Taster

Shipping restrictions, taxes, duties, etc. etc. etc.

A great idea if it could be made to work, but even within the US, it's a total and complete nightmare of regulations.

Of course, I'd love someone to prove me wrong, but I can't think of how this one would work in practice...

-monte-

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

I was thinking more along the lines of someone ie Jeff, Jim (or insert name here) nominating a different bourbon bi-monthly.
    Then, if it's available in your area, and you want to participate, grab a bottle, sample, and contribute to the tasting notes / opinions thread.
    It's not totally flawless, but it's the only way I could think of that would work.

Advanced Taster

See? I knew someone could make sense out of this idea (where I could only come up with confusion!!)

That concept will most certainly fly... and it might give us all a chance to swap tasting notes etc.

Anyone want to start this month's thread?? I'd say we should put it in the tasting section of this board.

-monte-

Disciple

I think it is a good idea, but Cameron is right, it needs someone to run it. If we all just chime in with our recomendations we will be straight back to confusion. Anyone want to do it? Or perhaps we could run a poll and the winner would be the next months 'club' bourbon.
    Ed

Administrator in exile

Great idea fellas In fact, we are currently working on such a concept that will tie-in with the main SB.com site. Stay tuned for further details...

Novice

I wonder if there are enough different bourbons to make it interesting and how many we could do before we start repeating or trying the most commmon bourbons. How many different bourbons do you have access to at your local stores?

Advanced Taster

How many different bourbons do you have access to at your local stores?
    I'd say at least 24, so two years worth, some better than others, of course.

This is a great idea. Count me in.

Connoisseur

I was thinking more along the lines of someone ie Jeff, Jim (or insert name here) nominating a different bourbon bi-monthly.
    Then, if it's available in your area, and you want to participate, grab a bottle, sample, and contribute to the tasting notes / opinions thread.
    It's not totally flawless, but it's the only way I could think of that would work.
    I LOVE this idea...