Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bourbon clubs?

Taster

Re: Bourbon clubs?

Say the first person to offer tasting notes gets to pick five to nominate for the next month and then everyone has all month long to PM him or her if they can't get the bottle. The one most people can procure is the next month's bottle.
    That works for me, it would give the widest oportunity for all to participate, including us from OS & those in control states(poor B#*^rds)

Disciple

Earlier I mentioned running a poll to select the next month's bourbon. That seems easier than PMing one person and having them decide. However, someone would still have to be in charge of setting up the poll and collecting nominations. My guess is that Jeff and company already have some ideas on what they are ultimately going to do.
    Ed

Advanced Taster

Count me in. Most of what is currently available I have on my shelves, opened, and ready to be judged!!

Enthusiast

Bump! Everybody got their Knob Creek?

OK, as I stated earlier, we are getting ready to implement some new features on the main site that will spill over onto the forum similar to what everyone is suggesting. That said, there is no reason not to start a monthly thread on a particular bourbon, with the understanding that it will change slightly in the future. I am willing to start the thread on June 1st. That should give sufficient time for all interested to procure themselves a bottle. For now we'll pin it to the top of the General forum, but tasting notes are more than welcome there. I'm going to suggest Knob Creek as the 1st BOTM, as it is a premium product readily available throughout the country. Unless someone can make a good argument to the contrary, that's what it will be.

Administrator in exile

Damn, I forgot all about it, sorry guys I'll try to get something up tonight!

Guru

Yes. I have been waiting for this to come back up.

Tim

Guru

Yup.

I had forgotten about this project. Last night I almost reached for Knob Creek, but at the last moment my hand veered to the Hirsch 16 y/o gold foil. (I've been leaning toward subtlety rather than strength lately.)

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield