Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Connoisseur

Different McKenna bottle?

Yesterday in a mom-and-pop I noticed a Mckenna Single Barrel in a different bottle. It was not the familiar, squatty cylinder, nor was the labeling at all distinctive. It was a simple, plain, unadorned, tall whiskey bottle. I didn't really examine it, as I didn't have much time at that point and the McKenna single barrel doesn't really interest me, but it didn't have an date on the bottle that I could find. Is this old? Brand new? Something else altogether?

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Re: Different McKenna bottle?

It may be something created for Duty Free or export that somehow found its way to that store, but Heaven Hill has never released a different bottle for that product in the U.S.

Are you sure it was Henry McKenna Single Barrel and not just plain, old Henry McKenna? There is a standard, four-year-old Henry McKenna expression, in a standard whiskey bottle, sold primarily in the South. It sounds like you are describing that.

Connoisseur

Re: Different McKenna bottle?

Yes, I've seen the standard McKenna. It's everywhere here. This was different. I'll go back and look again. It was only $22, so maybe I'll grab it...