Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: Numbers, Please! (Akin to \'Show Us Your Stash\'

My wife being the structural engineer that she is, she suggested I count bottles up in Excel. Oh...so much easier! (???)

Not me. Mine is in an Access database! I mostly did that because I already use an Access database to track my green coffee inventory (as well as roast dates, etc.).

According to the database, I have 32 different whiskies, 31 of which are open. Four are rye whiskies, the rest are bourbons. Of course, I cheat a little and count each Evan Williams vintage separately ('92, '94 and '95 currently). Subtract two from my total if you must.

My overall total number of bottles is 54. The most I have of anything is three bottles (one of which is in the open bottle count).

I thought I was getting carried away until I started seeing some of the numbers that some of you have reported here! I still say I have one of the best bourbon selections in Minnesota. Certainly better then every restaurant I visit.

Most of them have one, maybe two bourbons that I could consider. One actually has three or four good choices. Some I visit, though, my choices are JB white label or JD. If those are my choices, I switch over to the beer list. If that sucks, I just get iced tea.

I hate it when I ask the waitress/waiter/bartender what they have for bourbons, and they tell me to name it, and they probably have it. I usually say "Don't go there, because you probably don't. I have over 25 different bourbons at home." That usually gets them to just tell what they've got (usually just the aforementioned JBw and JD!). Most often I just order Wild Turkey, and most of the time (not all of the time), they at least have that.

Connoisseur

Re: Numbers, Please! (Akin to \'Show Us Your Stash\')

This is more than I expected. And many of the Bourbons have replacements in the bunker.

So far...112 Bourbon

22 Rye

6 Tennessee

5 Canadian

2 Irish

87 Scotch

Advanced Taster

22 bourbons
    3 ryes
    1 Canadian
    1 Japanese
    1 Tennessee
    1 corn whiskey
    3 Irish
    13 Scotches

Almost all opened. The only thing I have bunkered is a few bottles of Stagg.

Guru

I use an Excel spreadsheet as well, having copied and pasted the database from this site into one. Was a good start. Then I color in the lines for bottlings I own and added two columns in front, one for bunkered bottles and the other for those on display. I keep a running sum at the bottom of the sheet so I can have something to shake my head at after checking my bank account.....

I have had to add lines on occasion for the specialty bottlings such as Van Blankle as well as some dogs and cats.

Guru

I just put my 50th different bourbon in the bunker. That makes me even with the Bourbon House in New Orleans. Maybe I can stop collecting now........Right!!!
    Joe

Bourbonian of the Year 2009 and Virtuoso

I have 50 different bourbons, 6 ryes and 2 Tenn's in the collection.....about 10 open at a time. If its not a regular pour for me, I don't keep readily available bourbons in "inventory".....I let my liquor store do that for me....ie WT 101, MM, Old Grandad, Old Forrester, EW, JB Black, Beam's Small Batch collection, etc, etc. Lot's of backup bottles for the hard to replace items too.

Randy

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

There are currently 22 bourbons (21 unique bottles), 4 Ryes, 2 Tenn's and 1 bourbon liquor in the collection.
    Of these, only 3 bottles are unopened and 10 are not available locally.
    There are still approx 10 local bourbons to be added to the collection over the next few months, as well as at least 3 or 4 more from an upcomming overseas trip.

Advanced Taster

Whoa! As a relatively new (less than 2 years) bourbon afficianado, I've got a long ways to go. I think I need to visit St. Charles

Guru

Always happy to have visitors. Let me know when you're in the area!

Connoisseur

An update since my first post.

156 of which 141 are opened

39 different bourbons/ryes
    114 Scotches
    2 Irish
    1 Canadian
    0 Japanese (I finished it yesterday )