Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Re: August is Drawing Near - BOTM Nominations?

Can the "Bourbon of the Month" be a rye? I would like to encourage everyone to try the Rittenhouse rye bottled in bond, a terrific whiskey and a terrific value. I polished off a bottle last night with a perfect manhattan. Lovely.

Jefferson Reserve. Very pricey but worth it.

Taster

Can the "Bourbon of the Month" be a rye? I would like to encourage everyone to try the Rittenhouse rye bottled in bond...
    Well, I'm good-to-go on this one! Got a bottle of Rittenhouse sitting just a few feet away...

Connoisseur

Jefferson Reserve sounds good to me. The only other mentioned we have here is the WT101, which is fine, but no JR.

Enthusiast

I, on the otherhand, have searched high and low for Rittenhouse, to no avail. And I can't get a shipment in GA. If there is an interest in a rye, keeping with the 100(ish) standard, and general availability, there's WT rye.
    Bob

Advanced Taster

How about Weller Antique 107. Would like to see everyone's take on it. Tom V

Can the "Bourbon of the Month" be a rye? I would like to encourage everyone to try the Rittenhouse rye bottled in bond, a terrific whiskey and a terrific value...
    I'd be all for it, Chuck, except that it's impossible to find for most of us. I've never seen one on a shelf. The one I have (and love!) came directly out of the bottling house. And there are a whole lotta states Sam's and Binny's won't consider shipping to.

Jefferson Reserve. Very pricey but worth it.
    At least this one IS available around here -- for $55 or so a bottle. Plus, it's now a different animal: "Very Old" instead of the original "15 Years Old".

I thought one of the criterion Jeff hoped to use for BOTM selections was universal (or as near to that as is possible) availability, both geographically and pricewise. Alas, these two don't fit that bill.

Advanced Taster

Old Weller Antique is my daily pour. It is only 7 years old, but fantastic! Especially for only $20 a bottle.
    (see my Taste in Tastings forum)

I also love Old Rip Van Winkle 10yr and Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve, when I have the money.

Buffalo Trace is definetely #1 Distillery!

Advanced Taster

I remember that post George, in fact I replied to it and mentioned that I thought that Weller Antique 107 and ORVW 10 year 107 would make a great 1-2 in the Bourbon of the month thing. Again, I agree with you, I really like both of these bottles and enjoy them regularly!! Tom V

Advanced Taster

I remember that post George, in fact I replied to it and mentioned that I thought that Weller Antique 107 and ORVW 10 year 107 would make a great 1-2 in the Bourbon of the month thing. Again, I agree with you, I really like both of these bottles and enjoy them regularly!! Tom V
    I agree totally. Old Weller Antique 107 at BOTM. I nominate it. For the price and the recipe, there is no wheater better!