Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Connoisseur

Re: Rare Breed--Undrinkable?

Matt, I’m with you….“NEAT” all the way !

Wow, I must really be in the minority. I never cut my bourbon. I drink everything neat
    You won’t be a minority at my place, myself and several others around here are on the same page .

At last, this is not a contest of who is right and who is wrong. Whiskey should be enjoyed how you like it, not how someone else judges it should be consumed. Far be it from me to criticize adding water or ice in any amount. I’m not saying neat is better, it’s just the way I prefer it, fair enough!

Now having mentioned that, I’d be the first one to look at adding water when sitting down for the first time to asses a new bottle. I think that adding water is one of the methods in getting to “know” your drink more thoroughly. Water can reveal hidden items, usually offering a different “view” of the drink. I have noticed on many occasions that the changes made by adding water made were remarkably positive. In a fewer instances, the revelations were negative. All told, I’ve never noticed one that has changed to the better so greatly that I’d remember to add water to it when I opened it up again.

Adding ice is seldom a consideration simply because of the anesthetizing effects on my palate. I don‘t want to cover anything up when drinking the good stuff!

(Although, I’d seriously consider pouring the newer version of Old Forester 100 proof over copious amounts of ice……wait, no I wouldn‘t……I don‘t have any of that!….and I don‘t intend to buy any either)

(Poor, poor Roger, what’s he goin’ to do with a nearly full, 1.75 liter, bottle of that stuff?) (I’m at a loss as to any positive suggestion, what would you tell Roger?)

Anyway,

DRINK IT HOW YOU LIKE IT!

d

Disciple

Re: Rare Breed--Undrinkable?

That's what I thought you meant, but I wanted to be sure. I think a white week would be a good idea, not so much for heartburn as that really hasn't been bothering me to much of late. But in general I feel the need for a break. It won't be this week though. I have an extra day off this week, tomorrow, and a late start on Friday so Thursday night looks good. Also, there is a Summer Beer Garden Festival downtown for the next few weeks.
    Ed

Bad Girl and Bourbonian Of The Year 2012

Forget the \"white week\".....here\'s the cure

OK guys, since many of you suffer from heartburn, here's the 79 cent cure.

2 tablespoons of APPLE CIDER VINEGAR in 7 ounces of water....drink it three times a day (preferably after meals). Do this for three days.

Best kept secret in modern medicine. Puts the stomach acids back in balance and your heartburn after eating high carb/fat foods will be gone. When you manage to get your balance out of line again, repeat it. A bottle of apple cider vinegar costs a whopping 79 cents! Leave the OTC meds and prescriptions at the pharmacy!!!!!

It's easier to drink if you use COLD water from the fridge versus tap water.

Dawn

Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator

Re: Forget the \"white week\".....here\'s the cure

Alright Dr Dawn, how about some more cheap home remedies, I'm all for keeping my money in my pocket and the drug companies can rape some other poor smuck!