Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    **DONOTDELETE**

Books on Bourbon

I have been looking for Henry Crowgey's book and would like to get a copy of William Downard's (I haven't heard of that one) does anyone know where to find them? Amazon.com told me that they would let me know if they get a copy of Crowgey's book but that was about a year ago.
    Alibris.com doesn't have either of them.

~Linda~
    http://w3.one.net/~jeffelle/whiskey

**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Books on Bourbon

Linda,
    About 6 years ago I ordered two copies of Downard from Greenwood Press. It was still in print. You might contract your local bookstore and see if they can order it for you.
    Mike Veach

P.S.
    I talked to the University Press of Kentucky at the Southern Historical meeting in Louisville back in November and I think I talked them into reprinting Crowgey.
    Mike

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

I think Mike and I bought our Downards at about the same time. I recall learning then that they only had like seven copies of it left and that was nine or ten years ago. My copy of Crowgey is a full text photo copy, but I think I made it at home when I still had my own working photocopier.

--Chuck Cowdery

Advanced Taster

Linda:

> Alibris.com doesn't have either of them.

They do, but you don't want to know how much they want for them.

OK, yes you do. $65.50 to $84.00. I told you you didn't want to know. If you go through this link http://www.alibris.com/?AID=40479&PID=238167 (not my affiliate link, btw) and use the coupon AMEX1200 at checkout, you'll save $15.00, if you want to bite the bullet.

Stotz

**DONOTDELETE**

Thank you all for the info. Ryan, I think that I might wait around awhile to see If I can get them for less! If they stay around for a while who knows, maybe a birthday gift for John!

~Linda~
    http://w3.one.net/~jeffelle/whiskey

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Those prices don't surprise me. I believe I paid $64 for Downard ten years ago.

--Chuck Cowdery

**DONOTDELETE**

Linda,
    Don't forget the "Louisville Encyclopedia". This would also make a great addition to John's library. You can now order them from the Filson Club. (While you are at it you can get him the "Stump the Veach" video).

Mike Veach