Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Pretty good deal

Just got an E-mail solicitation from Hi Time Wines, with two offers, GTS 131.8 for $43.99 (limit 12), and Elmer T Lee 90 proof hand selected "Barrel #9" for $16.99.

Seems like a deal to me, especially since they say that they do not profit from shipping, they just pass on their cost. I have bought from them once and was satisfied with their service.

PS, I wasn't really sure if we are allowed to post this kind of stuff, but ultimately figured "why not?"

Guru

Re: Pretty good deal

In MI ETL is $25.99/750 mL. What is the freight? Of course if you get a case it hardly matters. Can't legally ship alcohol into MI though.

Enthusiast

Not sure how much freight is. I just ordered three bottles of each so I will find out tomorrow when they tell me how much.

Enthusiast

I tasted the Elmer T. Lee Barrel 9 from Bevmo. Damn good bourbon. It's a steal at the price Hi-Times wants for it. Get it!

Mr. Anal Retentive Bourbon Drinker

Thanks for the post. I ordered and received today 3 of the Elmer T. Lee and 1 Stagg. Elmer T. Lee for under $20 is a great bourbon bargain!

Enthusiast

YW. Yep I was meaning to post that I paid $18 for 6 bottles in freight. So the $3 a bottle still meant that I got a pretty good deal. The ETL is amazing, like Buffalo Trace on steroids, and without that impossible to open gold wax. Hey Ken, when you see Elmer thank him for the improved bottle for me.

Mr. Anal Retentive Bourbon Drinker

For the 4 bottles I ordered it was $14 for shipping to WA state. The box was very well packed, so I consider this very reasonable shipping costs.

The Elmer T. Lee says Hand selected by Hi-Time Cellars, Barrel #9 non-chill filtered. I have a current open bottle of Elmer T Lee hand selected by Beverages & More, Barrel #2. It does not mention anything about chill filtering. When this one is about empty, I'll open one Barrel #9 to compare side by side.

By the way, I also noticed they have Rain Vodka in 1.75l on sale for $19.98. I'm going to order a couple of these as well.

Enthusiast

I failed to mention to anyone that Elmer had a little fall at home and ended up breaking his leg. I go over twice a week to visit with him and he seems to be doing well. Anyway, he called me yesterday and let me know that his stock of his namesake bourbon was running low. He also said that he did not want the wax closure. I believe he is also sold on the shrinkband.

The other reason for writing is that I can not buy Elmer T. Lee Bourbon for the price quoted here, even with $3.00 a bottle freight added in! I do know that I tasted the bourbon that went into this lot and can attest to the fact it is awesome! If my poor memory serves me correctly, the bourbon is also 14 years old. As I have mentioned in the past, when Elmer selects barrels for special customers, he sometimes sneaks in some older whiskey.

Ken

Disciple

Please tell Elmer T. Lee that his fans here at SB.com wish him a speedy recovery.
    Ed

Enthusiast

Please wish him our best.

I wouldn't doubt that it is 14 years old, this is a very robust bottling. At this point I find that it has taken over as my number one pour. I have already consumed one bottle, and should lighten up the consumption a little.